Rangers vs. Palehose Game Thread 5/10/08--1:05pm CSN

Brian

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 10, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
Oh yeah, I forgot how he has been tearing it up so far.

You're right. Podsednix and Lillibridge are awesome options, and Jayson Nix doesn't deserve to play over them. We have a lot invested in Alexei, Pods and Lillibridge? Not so much.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:17 PM)
Oh yeah, I forgot how he has been tearing it up so far.

At least Alexei in CF allows you to open up a spot for Nix at SS or calling up Beckham. The big issue is that when Anderson returns, Pods will still start against RHP most likely.

Nix has a .261 career BA, 331 OBP and around 740 OPS in the minors over 8 years.

He might be great defensively up the middle, but he's not an option for the outfield. He has to play 2B/SS.

Ramirez might as well go down with Contreras...and he can take Lillibridge with him. Unfortunately, bringing up Josh Kroeger and Eider Torres isn't going to guarantee an AL Central title.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
Drill him!!!!

/poor sport

I totally agree with you. I've never liked Ozzie, but at least when he was crazy, it would make you think he was bringing some passion to the clubhouse. Maybe Jerry Reinsdorf will have to put out a comment to the media to our players next.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:23 PM)
Nix has a .261 career BA, 331 OBP and around 740 OPS in the minors over 8 years.

He might be great defensively up the middle, but he's not an option for the outfield. He has to play 2B/SS.

Ramirez might as well go down with Contreras...and he can take Lillibridge with him. Unfortunately, bringing up Josh Kroeger and Eider Torres isn't going to guarantee an AL Central title.

Nix is giving you good at bats right now. That's what this team needs. No one said he's the option for the next 3 to 5 years. Right now, this offensive personnel is not working. Maybe Carl Everett can return and play CF?

2 of the 3 worst offensive performances at home I can remember in the same series. If we want to have money to afford more players, why not just not employ a hitting coach? I don't think things could get much worse if Walker was gone.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
At least Alexei in CF allows you to open up a spot for Nix at SS or calling up Beckham. The big issue is that when Anderson returns, Pods will still start against RHP most likely.

Do you guys remember what he looked like in CF last year? I really can't. He's also having a hard enough time at the plate, I doubt it would help him.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 10, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Do you guys remember what he looked like in CF last year? I really can't. He's also having a hard enough time at the plate, I doubt it would help him.

All I remember him is having a great throw to get a runner out at 2nd base.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 10, 2009 -> 04:32 PM)

He's the lesser of many (non-BA) evils. And this Suckfest is OVAH.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
What an awful game for my brother to take his new baby to for her first Sox game. As DAllen always says, KW is ripping off our fans this year.

that baby will surely NEVER get over this loss

plus KW is now ripping off babies