Rangers vs. Palehose Game Thread 5/10/08--1:05pm CSN

Brian

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
If Lillibridge goes 7 for his next 28 with 4 doubles, 1 triple and 1 homer with 8 RBI, he will equal the production he had with Atlanta last year that got him sent back to AAA. With the Sox, its probably a contract buying out his arb years.

It's ridiculous...he's not MLB caliber (he's not even AAA caliber). Yet, Ozzie keeps trotting him into the lineup, and his results are so damn predictable. I've never seen a player stay on a roster as long as he has who has absolutely no prayer at the plate. He makes me beg for Jerry Owens to play in CF.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
It's ridiculous...he's not MLB caliber (he's not even AAA caliber). Yet, Ozzie keeps trotting him into the lineup, and his results are so damn predictable. I've never seen a player stay on a roster as long as he has who has absolutely no prayer at the plate. He makes me beg for Jerry Owens to play in CF.

The sicker thing is he is hitting high in the order. If he was with the Cardinals, LaRussa would have him batting after the pitcher.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)
The sicker thing is he is hitting high in the order. If he was with the Cardinals, LaRussa would have him batting after the pitcher.

I said earlier...batting him in front of Quentin is the worst managerial idea I've ever seen from Ozzie.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
I'm pretty sure Hawk is convinced there is an umpire conspiracy against the White Sox.

It's been awful against the Sox, but I guess not a conspiracy since Ozzie hasn't been tossed yet.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
It's been awful against the Sox, but I guess not a conspiracy since Ozzie hasn't been tossed yet.

That's only casue they can't understand him when he comes out to argue. They can't figure out if he is complementing them or cussing them out :headbang

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
Wait, WHY IN THE f*** IS RICHARD WARMING UP? Goodness Ozzie, WTF is going on with you.

Coop said on the pregame this was the plan. He also said that Richard has not been decided on yet

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 10, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
Coop said on the pregame this was the plan. He also said that Richard has not been decided on yet

Ugh, so they'll use Broadway instead? No reason to pitch Richard in relief here and then have to use Broadway, as that's hurting us in a future game when we're likely losing today.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
Ugh, so they'll use Broadway instead? No reason to pitch Richard in relief here and then have to use Broadway, as that's hurting us in a future game when we're likely losing today.

this management makes literally every WRONG decision they can. it's actually borderline comical.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:23 PM)
Richard in. I'm telling you, the options after Contreras are a lot worse. They should just let him try it again.

Richard, right now, is a significantly better option than Contreras. I know you're a Contreras fan, but he needs to go to the minors and get some confidence in his forkball.