Contreras Accepts Option to AAA

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
I disagree with him occassionally, but I agree he's a very good poster.

Hah, Dick...

So your premise is that a poster can not be a top 5 poster on this forum unless you agree with him always?

;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 10, 2009 -> 12:16 PM)
Hah, Dick...

So your premise is that a poster can not be a top 5 poster on this forum unless you agree with him always?

;)

i think that's actually the opposite of what he said.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
i think that's actually the opposite of what he said.

Well, I was just pulling his leg, as I often do...

But he said exactly that...

"I disagree with him occasionally, but I agree he is a very good poster."

Implying that he is a very GOOD poster, but not a top 5 poster (perhaps because Dick disagrees with him occasionally).

It's all in good fun....

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 10, 2009 -> 12:33 PM)
Well, I was just pulling his leg, as I often do...

But he said exactly that...

"I disagree with him occasionally, but I agree he is a very good poster."

Implying that he is a very GOOD poster, but not a top 5 poster (perhaps because Dick disagrees with him occasionally).

It's all in good fun....

:canada

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
That's why I am trying to understand how the worst team in the AL pretty much outdrew us...it can't be because of that tremendous crossover of Blackhawk fans waiting for the 930 start in Vancouver.

FWIW, on the season, the Sox are outdrawing Cleveland by about 3,500 per game so far.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 10, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
ouch. that stings.

On the other hand, except for the Twins, we haven't had too many big draw-type series yet. Seattle, Toronto... yawn. And it's not any better in May. For example, the only weekend series we have left at home this month is against the Pirates. Plus the weather has been crap.

The big names start rolling in during June. (Cubs, Dodgers, Cleveland, Detroit, etc.)

Then, if we're playing decently, walk-up sales should be much better.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 10, 2009 -> 12:53 PM)
On the other hand, except for the Twins, we haven't had too many big draw-type series yet. Seattle, Toronto... yawn. And it's not any better in May. For example, the only weekend series we have left at home this month is against the Pirates. Plus the weather has been crap.

The big names start rolling in during June. (Cubs, Dodgers, Cleveland, Detroit, etc.)

Then, if we're playing decently, walk-up sales should be much better.

I had tickets for yesterdays game and I went through a few people until I found one that was willing to bear down in the "frigid cold" with me. It wasnt that bad,people are just pussified. Yet they would sit through a Bears game in 10 below. :huh

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 10, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)
Well yeah, but my point/question was encompassing the season, not just right now

I think the hope is the Contreras finds his control and cures whatever else is the issue and the move to the pen is temporary. I am not certain Richard is the final answer for the team. Richard in long relief seesm and a cured Contreras seems to be a better option IMO.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 10, 2009 -> 01:19 PM)
I think the hope is the Contreras finds his control and cures whatever else is the issue and the move to the pen is temporary. I am not certain Richard is the final answer for the team. Richard in long relief seesm and a cured Contreras seems to be a better option IMO.

On my way to pick up lunch today I was listening to Coop and he said that Contreras accepted a demotion to AAA to work out his problems.

Maybe that should be included in the thread title as well, because that does change things a lot

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 10, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)
On my way to pick up lunch today I was listening to Coop and he said that Contreras accepted a demotion to AAA to work out his problems.

Maybe that should be included in the thread title as well, because that does change things a lot

Your right it does, but I think he has to clear waivers? But maybe not?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
Stone just said Contreras will be working out of the bullpen.

Just going off what I heard. There was no "If" about Contreras going to AAA, it was happening according to Coop

Looks like it will be Broadway starting. I can't believe KW and Ozzie had a meeting and go "you know what, Broadway gives us the best chance to win a game as a starter". It's not like Richard and Carrasco are helping the Sox win games right now, as they only pitch in defeats.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
Looks like it will be Broadway starting. I can't believe KW and Ozzie had a meeting and go "you know what, Broadway gives us the best chance to win a game as a starter". It's not like Richard and Carrasco are helping the Sox win games right now, as they only pitch in defeats.

Nah, they said "Let's cover our asses for the Broadway pick." Let's try to get something out of him that'll look good on a baseball card.