5/10 games

bighurt4life

Charlotte v Rochester very boring team, not much to talk about. however, Eidier Torres is hitting 300 with good speed, i'm curious how we got him as he plays a premium defensive position and is only 26. He hasn't ever really gotten a chance in the bigs.

no Birmingham game. :crying

W-S v. Potomac

Shirek gets the win in an 8K game.

Kanny v. Lake County

Kuhn with 2 hits and his 9th SB on the year. Dexter Carter gets the loss with a very strange line 5.0 IP 10H 7ER 0BB 11K, he was obviously hitting his spots and had good stuff to K 11 in only 5IP so he must have had some bad luck with balls in play. Gilmore had his 10th E on the season and was 0-4 at the plate.

Lucy and Cassel (had no idea we had Matt Cassel's brother in our system) collided on a pop-up in like the 4th that resulted in Cassel spiking Lucy in the back of the head, he was down a bit then played a few more innings before Armstrong came in.

I get to watch that boring Charlotte team again tomorrow night! Too bad Contreras wasn't down sooner... last year I caught Uribe's first rehab stint start which was a nice surprise.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 10, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
Lucy and Cassel (had no idea we had Matt Cassel's brother in our system) collided on a pop-up in like the 4th that resulted in Cassel spiking Lucy in the back of the head, he was down a bit then played a few more innings before Armstrong came in.

I get to watch that boring Charlotte team again tomorrow night! Too bad Contreras wasn't down sooner... last year I caught Uribe's first rehab stint start which was a nice surprise.

any time someone gets spiked in the back of the head the team they play for is no longer boring.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 10, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)

Justin Cassel led the Southern League in ERA last year, and was looked at as a guy who might be a future starter if he handled Charlotte well. Unfortunately, so far, he hasn't.

Lucy got spiked in the head, stayed down a while, got up and kept playing? Dude is one tough SOB.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:44 AM)
Justin Cassel led the Southern League in ERA last year, and was looked at as a guy who might be a future starter if he handled Charlotte well. Unfortunately, so far, he hasn't.

Lucy got spiked in the head, stayed down a while, got up and kept playing? Dude is one tough SOB.

I told you guys he was tough.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
Yeah that Carter line is one of the weirdest lines I've ever seen.

Just noticed he gave up 3 homeruns that accounted for 5 of the runs scored against him.

Here's a recap from milb.com...

Intimidators clobbered by Captains

Lake County goes deep three times in 9-0 victory

EASTLAKE, OH - Lake County scored six runs before an out was recorded on Sunday afternoon at Classic Park on their way to a clinical 9-0 demolition of the Kannapolis Intimidators.

Dexter Carter was on the mound for most of the damage, as the right-hander gave up seven runs in five innings, including six in the first frame. Carter (1-1) did recover and struck out a season-high 11 hitters, including four in the fourth inning.

The Captains built their large lead on the strength of three home runs, one each from Nate Recknagel, Chris Nash and Karexon Sanchez. The Intimidators pitching staff had given up just two long balls all season, before the Captains offensive fireworks against Carter.

And while the Intimidators pitching staff was getting roughed up, Captains (13-16) starter T.J. McFarland was having his best outing of the season. McFarland (1-2) allowed just three hits in six innings.

Eddie Burns kept the Intimidators (16-14) off the board for the final three innings for his first save of the season.

Tyler Kuhn and Justin Greene each had two hits for Kannapolis, but the Intimidators were held to eight hits and were shutout for the second time in the last four games.

Edited by scenario