I Love Steven Upchurch

If you agree then that is cool. Ypou are cool. If you disagree then you suck. Who here supports the Steve n Upchurch cause? The season does not officially start until Steven Upchurch takes the mound. Everything prior to that is just anticipation, mindless, dumb, dull but red hot anticipation. Who here agreees with me? If you don't, and you disagree, then you need to go to hell. Steven Upchurch rules, and he is a freight train that will ram its way through the Sox system as soon as he gets the chance tol. f*** you if you in any way dislike Steven Upchruch. That is all.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
Are you Scott Boras? This sounds like a combination of Tom Cruise's character in Tropic Thunder and Boras, with a little Jerry Maguire thrown in for good measure.

LOL

Only you would try to categorize that.

I'm just sick of our pitching right now minus Danks and Buehrle, and I don't trust anything at Double A or higher, although I do like Harrell. We need to develop some arms before we get back into that pre-midseason 2004 mode where our 5th and sometimes even 4th starters are black holes. Once we hit that basement, it's hard to climb back out. Upchurch is the one guy in our system that I'm very confident in and the fact that I can't track his progress right now while the team is sputtering its ass is making me angry. He needs to get out there and pitch.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:31 AM)
Where is he now?

I would guess preparing to get ready to pitch for Great Falls since he was at Bristol last year. He did well enough to bump up a rookie level.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 12, 2009 -> 12:23 AM)
I would guess preparing to get ready to pitch for Great Falls since he was at Bristol last year. He did well enough to bump up a rookie level.

So he hasn't pitched competitively since the end of last season? That seems like a long time off....

QUOTE (Cali @ May 12, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
So he hasn't pitched competitively since the end of last season? That seems like a long time off....

I for one, really don't mind that with the guys coming out of high school. Most of those pitchers aren't ready for a full season of work anyway.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
He's down in extended spring training and will be until short season begins.

Is Dubler in extended ST? I was really surprised they promoted Larson instead of Dubler to Kanny, since Larson doesn't look like much of a prospect.