Are you in or out?

BigSqwert

Belly buttons  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Is your belly button and innie or outie?

• Innie
    • Outie
    • Still have my umbilical cord

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get threads like this.

If I have skepticism regarding the team, how should I vote?

If I think they will finish in 4th place or worse based on what I've seen, does that make me an "outie"

Am I "realistic" or not a "big enough fan" if I have a pessimistic view of this season?

I think this is the worst Sox team I've seen in a long time.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 11, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)

If I think they will finish in 4th place or worse based on what I've seen, does that make me an "outie"

Am I "realistic" or not a "big enough fan" if I have a pessimistic view of this season?

You missed the joke

Today....I am out.

Why you ask? Well, let me tell you.

As a seson ticket holder I have attended 7 games thus far. The White Sox are 1-6 and have been outscored 52-12.

That being said I would have to say that the pitching in my mind is not the issue. My problem with this team is the same as it was last year. The pitching continues to have to make a perfect pitches every game, I understand last Tuesday was on Floyd as well as in Detroit. Colon yesterday was breezing along but as soon as the 5th rolled around, there was no room for error. This becomes taxing.

My problem is that there were 4 players in the line-up hitting under .200 (Lillibridge, Thome, Ramirez, Miller). Is Pods hurt? Why has Nix now not played in two games? Why can't Ramirez play CF? Why can't this team find a back-up catcher that is at least servicable?

The main flaw of this team is the hitting I.Q is really low. They do not work counts or make pitchers work. They all swing at the first strike they see. I have also never seen a team that when they are ahead in the count will swing at either a ball or a perfect pitch thus not using the count to their advantage. They also never fight off good pitches and foul them off. If a hitter has a nine pitch at-bat, it is a miracle. I would like to see the average pitches per inning that the Sox see as well as how many pitches per at bat they see. Pitchers seem to get in a groove and off they go with zero adjustments being made to a pitcher during a game. They never allow the starter to rest as their time at bat even when they score is probably 15-18 pitches max.

Finally, this team seems to suffer from a run away and hide mentality. They never score late in the game, I understand they did Saturday. Once the sixth inning rolls around or a team gets to its bullpen, you can pretty much call the game....unless Derek Holland is pitching. Not sure if there is no advance scouting or they just are not able to hit bullpen pitchers.

A good couple of days may brighten my mood but the rant above is why I believe they will be .500 team and are the things that drive me insane.

The White Sox seem to want to change this with different hitters......well if Alexi Ramirez and Josh Field are in the long term plans, we will see much of the same going forward. I do not know if this is good or bad, so I guess I am glad that I am not the G.M.

Go Sox!

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 11, 2009 -> 10:56 AM)

thats how i feel. i dont think were good at all. i dont see them all of the sudden doing great.

I am out.

I am going to go buy a bottle of Canadian Reserve and get a G.F.E. on craigslist erotic services section. Have unprotected sex and go buy Cub tickets that I shall take my craigslist friend to and have a threesome with Ronny Woo Woo then go to Billy Goats for a burger.I am done with this corpse ball.

My sentiments exactly.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 11, 2009 -> 10:56 AM)

Neither, pessimism and realism have very little to do with each other. And please stop claiming that they do.

Don't take this to say I am telling you to stop being pessimistic. Continue on with that, if you like.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ May 11, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
Neither, pessimism and realism have very little to do with each other. And please stop claiming that they do.

Don't take this to say I am telling you to stop being pessimistic. Continue on with that, if you like.

It's possible to have a negative prediction of a course of events that happens to be more realistic than an alternatively positive prediction. As of now, this team is not playing well, and their roster and inconsistency would suggest that a negative view of the remainder of the season might just be more realistic than a prediction of a runaway first place finish. You know what I meant. Let's not do this dance with semantics.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 11, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
It's possible to have a negative prediction of a course of events that happens to be more realistic than an alternatively positive prediction. As of now, this team is not playing well, and their roster and inconsistency would suggest that a negative view of the remainder of the season might just be more realistic than a prediction of a runaway first place finish. You know what I meant. Let's not do this dance with semantics.

That would be the pessimistic point of view, yes. But it is almost entirely speculative, which is not realism. I don't need to argue semantics with you on this, the dictionary has already done it for us.

Oh another one of those loyalty threads.

I have no illusions that this team apparently is 2007 all over again. However, I thought that last year and we won the division and Blackout Tuesday was an all-time great Sox experience that made the so-so season worth it (along with the Cleveland and Detroit games prior to it).

The central is back to being the Comedy Central again this year, so who knows? And it is early. If we even repeated though I have no doubt we'd get bulldozed by a real contender, like we did with Tampa Bay.

So I have no expectations, which allows me to be pleasantly surprised.

But if this kind of skid continues for another month, with the anemic offense, you'll see my attendance dropping. I just feel like I've been watching the same team for three years now, with all the same problems.