Are you in or out?

BigSqwert

Belly buttons  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Is your belly button and innie or outie?

• Innie
    • Outie
    • Still have my umbilical cord

I've found this season, in one of those games recently that you knew was over by the 3rd or 4th, that the best therapy was to turn on the Barons game through milb.com or "watch" it through gamecast.

I realized it's completely futile to start threads or even comment on a game-by-game basis, pretty much.

I haven't taken any losses that hard this year...the exceptions would probably the game we blew about 3-4 leads to the Royals and lost in extra innings and then the game that Thornton game up the GS to Zobrist, but that game ended without much drama.

If you add up ALL of our losses this year, I was MORE upset about the game at the Metrodome last September that Carlos Gomez must have accumulated 1/5th of his season's total for XB hits, the game we led most of the way but slowly let the Twins back in inning by inning...and eventually ended up with Jenks blowing the save. That game and one Keith Foulke lost to Denny Hocking, for some reason, are the ones that stand out as the most agonizing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
I've found this season, in one of those games recently that you knew was over by the 3rd or 4th, that the best therapy was to turn on the Barons game through milb.com or "watch" it through gamecast.

I realized it's completely futile to start threads or even comment on a game-by-game basis, pretty much.

I haven't taken any losses that hard this year...the exceptions would probably the game we blew about 3-4 leads to the Royals and lost in extra innings and then the game that Thornton game up the GS to Zobrist, but that game ended without much drama.

If you add up ALL of our losses this year, I was MORE upset about the game at the Metrodome last September that Carlos Gomez must have accumulated 1/5th of his season's total for XB hits, the game we led most of the way but slowly let the Twins back in inning by inning...and eventually ended up with Jenks blowing the save. That game and one Keith Foulke lost to Denny Hocking, for some reason, are the ones that stand out as the most agonizing.

Man, check out Gomez's splits vs. the Sox, and then compare it to other teams... it's pretty sad actually. He is an All-Star against us, and he is absolutely awful against just about everyone else.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)

They show AA games on there?

No...there's a package where you can watch minor league games, but 80-85% of the game are AAA.

There weren't enough Barons games to interest me, and I watched most of the preseason games, so I got to see all of those guys play but Shelby.

I just listen to the audio and then "watch" through Gamecast.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
No...there's a package where you can watch minor league games, but 80-85% of the game are AAA.

There weren't enough Barons games to interest me, and I watched most of the preseason games, so I got to see all of those guys play but Shelby.

I just listen to the audio and then "watch" through Gamecast.

Dang. I'd've ponied the $30 to watch some Barons games. I see the gameday audio is free, though.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
A cubs fan telling you to stop living in the past is a joke. This is the same fanbase that kills goats, then hangs said goats from their favorite dead drunken broadcaster's statue. They have destroyed a guys life ( Bartman) because their shortstop couldn't catch a ground ball. They have blown up baseballs, and then have eaten said baseball to kill some mythical voodoo hatchet job. Their entire fanbase believes that a goat of all things is what is keeping them from glory. The living in the past trump card is one that a cub fan cannot throw down.

Not to mention, why would you let anything a Cub fan said bother you? Its like taking the ranting drunk on the corner seriously. In the end he is still just a ranting drunk.

Generally fans don't get as upset in May as they do once the Bulls and Blackhawks are just a memory.

Unless your team is already out of it.

We have played horses*** baseball for the most part this year.

I am in on the nights we win; out on the nights we get shut out. Isn't that the life of a typical fan?

Overall, I'm in for life because I've followed this team forever and will continue to do so. Right now, there are so many more negatives than positives out on the field and on the bench. The only saving grace is the overall mediocrity of the division.