Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 5/11/09 6:05 CDT, WCIU

Floyd=Contreras

Very much confidence, momentum-based pitchers...although Gavin won some games in the 2nd half to stop losing streaks without his best stuff, especially coming down the stretch.

We know what Contreras accomplished when he believed in his stuff (of course, he has a nastier FB and forkball then).

Fields down to a 687 OPS compared to 740+ OPS for career...okay, a hit. That'll work!

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 11, 2009 -> 11:56 PM)
For the first time in quite a while, I have pretty much convinced myself that paying for MLB.tv with this team this year, is not worth it.

Even to see Pods play over Brian Anderson, causing an internet riot on Soxtalk?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
The White Sox have turned only 18 double plays and the Indians have turned 46 (according to Farmer)?

That can't be right. I know the Indians' pitching has been worse than ours, but that's quite a disparity.

Neither have that many, i do not know where they get they get there information... but this is as of yesterday.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/...-pitching.shtml

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 11, 2009 -> 06:58 PM)
i would have rather seen a hit and run attempt rather than a straight steal

Because Lillibridge has already gotten 3 or 4 runners thrown out in that situation by swinging and missing on hit-and-runs, most of the runners embarassingly being out by 15-20 feet.

I think it has been twice with Anderson, once with Pods and once with Fields, at least.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:01 AM)
Because Lillibridge has already gotten 3 or 4 runners thrown out in that situation by swinging and missing on hit-and-runs, most of the runners embarassingly being out by 15-20 feet.

I think it has been twice with Anderson, once with Pods and once with Fields, at least.

I'd rather see a hit-and-run with Alexei, and make him focus on hitting the ball the opposite way. The whole league knows Ozzie always sends his "speedy" players when there's 2 outs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2009 -> 05:01 PM)

no, because that pitch was low and away and he could've interfered with Shoppach getting a quick throw .