Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 5/11/09 6:05 CDT, WCIU

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:04 PM)
no, because that pitch was low and away and he could've interfered with Shoppach getting a quick throw .

Lillibridge couldn't even interfere with the Girl Scouts selling Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Clusters at this point.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:07 AM)
In case you were wondering...

This team is REALLY bad.

I wish I knew what Greg Walker would have to do to get fired. This team doesn't even hit the ball hard. Hell, we've had only a handful of "Stretch" calls this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:07 PM)
I would love to know how many Sox have been on base for Quentin in his ABs during the last two weeks or so. 2 quick outs, this offense is so boring.

That's an insult to the word boring.

Atrocious, egregious, debacle, miasma...all words that come to mind.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
I would love to know how many Sox have been on base for Quentin in his ABs during the last two weeks or so. 2 quick outs, this offense is so boring.

Prior to tonight, Q has had a man on base for 12 of his last 35 AB's.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
I wish I knew what Greg Walker would have to do to get fired. This team doesn't even hit the ball hard. Hell, we've had only a handful of "Stretch" calls this year.

Harrelson did get one in yesterday afternoon...I was waiting for a moment of humor when the ball didn't even make it to the warning track.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)

and why has it been for the last three years that this team has struggled at the plate and yet he's only felt the heat once?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 11, 2009 -> 07:10 PM)
and why has it been for the last three years that this team has struggled at the plate and yet he's only felt the heat once?

2007=injuries

2008=we had great starting pitching, and then offense kicked in after TB/TOR series

2009=it was revealed on Wikipedia that Walker had a 2nd (in addition to Zapruder) secret recording of the Grassy Knoll on November 22nd, 1963 and conclusive documentation that KW was a "silent" investor in Wilder's gay dance club "Burn" in metro Phoenix

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2009 -> 12:13 AM)
2007=injuries

2008=we had great starting pitching, and then offense kicked in after TB/TOR series

2009=it was revealed on Wikipedia that Walker had a 2nd (in addition to Zapruder) secret recording of the Grassy Knoll on November 22nd, 1963

Refresh my mind...what were these injuries in 2007? Erstad? Who else was there.

Crede was a big one...I'm thinking, because I really didn't listen or pay attention for the last 3 months that season.

For some reason, Owens, Andy Gonzalez, Fields and Wasserman had big roles...I guess Iguchi was really slumping or not looking good, right? And Pods was probably injured as well.

could people quit blaming that 2007 garbage team on injuries? Crede was an injury risk showing signs from September 2006 batting in the low .100's. Erstad was always a crippled piece of s***. Pods was always injury prone too.

The 2007 team was built depending too much on Danks, Floyd and some others at the bottom of the rotation. A bad, young, fireball throwing bullpen, and Erstad playing in an everyday role.

Refresh my mind...what were these injuries in 2007? Erstad? Who else was there.

Anderson was hurt, but after he was sent down to AAA. Tubby Hall was hurt in ST but didn't bother to opt for surgery costing the Sox $3 million over the next two years for the most worthless backup catcher of all time.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:18 AM)
could people quit blaming that 2007 garbage team on injuries? Crede was an injury risk showing signs from September 2006 batting in the low .100's. Erstad was always a crippled piece of s***. Pods was always injury prone too.

The 2007 team was built depending too much on Danks, Floyd and some others at the bottom of the rotation. A bad, young, fireball throwing bullpen, and Erstad playing in an everyday role.

Thanks, that's what I was getting at.