• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

++++++++++the DBacks fired their manager *************

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
I'll stick up for DAllen and Greg Walker....Carlos Quentin says hello

and I'll provide a HUGE correction: 2008, first season with the WhiteSox, 288avg, 100RBI, 36HR, AL MVP frontrunner in shortened season Carlos Quentin, and first season with the White Sox, 290avg, Rookie of the Year candidate Alexei Ramirez say hello!!!

2009, second season with the White Sox .239 avg Carlos Quentin, second season with the White Sox .194 avg Alexei Ramirez, and Rookie of the Year Winner Evan Longoria now hitting .358, with 11HR, 44RBI in his second season with player developing Tampa Bay, all say "What's up Greg Walker??"

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:26 AM)
and I'll provide a HUGE correction: 2008, first season with the WhiteSox, 288avg, 100RBI, 36HR, AL MVP frontrunner in shortened season Carlos Quentin, and first season with the White Sox, 290avg, Rookie of the Year candidate Alexei Ramirez say hello!!!

2009, second season with the White Sox .239 avg Carlos Quentin, second season with the White Sox .194 avg Alexei Ramirez, and Rookie of the Year Winner Evan Longoria now hitting .358, with 11HR, 44RBI in his second season with player developing Tampa Bay, all say "What's up Greg Walker??"

And my post was in response to Walker never turning around a "castoff"

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 06:23 PM)
Balta...was this one of our biggest outputs against a starting pitcher all year?

Just not sure how to look this up. The first time through, we're hitting .227 against people, 2nd time through .232, 3rd and after .254, relief pitchers .282.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)

That is my point also the more Walker is around these guys the worse it gets, also CQ was hurt most of Spring Training last year so Walker could not totally screw him up before season started and AR spoke no english so he could not understand GW nonsense! SAD BUT TRUE:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2009 -> 06:28 PM)
And my post was in response to Walker never turning around a "castoff"

Podsednik's 2005 while healthy doesn't count? Jermaine Dye doesn't count? AJ Pierzynski doesn't count? Q as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
Not exactly, Floyd was around Cooper in 2007 also, so he went upwards first.

When Sox hitters do well, its thought on this board it has nothing to do with Walker, although the players swear by him. What about Jermaine Dye? Quentin, Konerko. Cooper has had some success with castoffs, but really how many of them really had more than a year or so of success? Thornton. Jenks but I don't know how you give that success to Cooper and why is it Cooper would get all the credit? Giving him credit for every pitchers' success and giving Walker no credit for Quentin isn't consistent and makes zero sense. I have no problem with either coach. I just don't see how Walker is public enemy #1 to many Sox fans and Cooper walks on water.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
Podsednik's 2005 while healthy doesn't count? Jermaine Dye doesn't count? AJ Pierzynski doesn't count? Q as well.

You're SERIOUSLY using AJP in an argument FOR Walker? Look at his batting averages with the Sox compared to before. Power way up, average way down. Podsednik's best season was with Milwaukee (going off the top of my head) and Dye was freakin' replacing Maggs and was always good but had injury concerns.

Pods was better in 2003

Jermaine - Not really. He wasn't a cast off with Oakland declining his huge $14 million option

AJ? Give me a break. He's had better numbers before he came here.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)

What was Loaisa like in 2004? Floyd in 2009? Why is it you can give Cooper credit for Conteras going 15-0 but he can't take the blame when his ERA is 9.00? What about Mike MacDougal?