Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 5/11/09 6:05 CDT, WCIU

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:30 PM)
That is my point also the more Walker is around these guys the worse it gets, also CQ was hurt most of Spring Training last year so Walker could not totally screw him up before season started and AR spoke no english so he could not understand GW nonsense! SAD BUT TRUE:gosoxretro:

That's ridiculous. Quentin was acquired for an A ball firstbaseman. He was behind Jerry Owens and almost was an MVP. Ramirez was hitting .170 in May last year and turned it around. He was working with Walker.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 11, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
Pods was better in 2003

Jermaine - Not really. He wasn't a cast off with Oakland declining his huge $14 million option

AJ? Give me a break. He's had better numbers before he came here.

Pods hit .240 with the Brewers in 2004 and .290 with the Sox in 2005. He hit less HR but we were happy with the results.

Dye's OPS with Oakland:

He hasn't been below .800 with the Sox.

AJ hit .301 in his years with the Twins, has hit .275 with us, and hit .272 before being cast off by the Giants.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)
That's ridiculous. Quentin was acquired for an A ball firstbaseman. He was behind Jerry Owens and almost was an MVP. Ramirez was hitting .170 in May last year and turned it around. He was working with Walker.

He was behind Jerry Owens......he was hard to go around, what position is he playing now. That's right NONE! Swisher gets away from Walker and I'll be he is hitting again like before he got around Walker!

Great. So we actually get 12 hits in a game and we still can't win. If would be so embarrassing if we lose this series (or worse, get swept) after the way every other team has basically walked all over Cleveland.

Edited by JustWin

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:40 PM)
He was behind Jerry Owens......he was hard to go around, what position is he playing now. That's right NONE! Swisher gets away from Walker and I'll be he is hitting again like before he got around Walker!

Swisher didn't listen to Walker. You must have missed the article last week. Also, Swish is on the decline. Wait until the end of the year when he will be down again. If Jerry Owens didn't get hurt in spring training 2008, Quentin would have started the season in Charlotte.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (JustWin @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
Great. So we actually get 12 hits in a game and we still can't win. If would be so embarrassing if we lose this series (or worse, get swept) after the way every other team has basically walked all over Cleveland.

Sad to say but this is White Sox Baseball 2009!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
Swisher didn't listen to Walker. You must have missed the article last week. Also, Swish is on the decline. Wait until the end of the year when he will be down again. If Jerry Owens didn't get hurt in spring training 2008, Quentin would have started the season in Charlotte.

I do not care what Swisher does rest of the year the Yankees got more production out of him in a month than Sox got all year. All Sox players should not listen to Walker If they want long careers.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:46 PM)
I do not care what Swisher does rest of the year the Yankees got more production out of him in a month than Sox got all year. All Sox players should not listen to Walker If they want long careers.

His June last year was similar or better than what he has done thus far this season, so once again, you're wrong.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:48 AM)
The Sox getting curb stomped by the MLB's worst team (I'm pretty sure, at least)... is anyone really surprised? I'm not, not in the LEAST.

I'm more shocked that our record is 14-17 now. It seems like we're 10 games under .500.