Danks promoted, Beckham to DL...

JPN366

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
Who are Zack Larson and Brandon Short?

I figured if they released Inouye, they'd bring up Dubler.

Too bad on Inouye - looked for a while like he might make a nice utility guy down the line.

Zach Larson is an undrafted FA from San Diego Mesa Junior College who played for Great Falls last year, he's a catcher. Brandon Short is an OF who played for Bristol last year, he was a 28th rounder from St. John's River CC.

Congrats Jordan, get well soon Slayer. I love the fact that nearly all of our top prospects are in B-ham and growing and playing as one. I wouldn't mind seeing C.J. Retherford behind the dish seeing how we don't know if flowers is going to stick, his bat looks to play at the ML level no problem but we still need a strong internal catching prospect.

As for the upcoming draft i hope we go for Brothers, Sanchez and Aaron Miller, would love to see KW and company infuse this great looking core with more polished talent that could conceivably be a year to 6months behind if not less.

:crying Naw, man... Of course this happens. The one time I'm going to see the Barons play, Beckham goes to the DL.

Good news is that there are still a ton of top prospects on that team (including Danks now), but I just really wanted to see 'ol Slayer.

QUOTE (beautox @ May 12, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
Congrats Jordan, get well soon Slayer. I love the fact that nearly all of our top prospects are in B-ham and growing and playing as one. I wouldn't mind seeing C.J. Retherford behind the dish seeing how we don't know if flowers is going to stick, his bat looks to play at the ML level no problem but we still need a strong internal catching prospect.

As for the upcoming draft i hope we go for Brothers, Sanchez and Aaron Miller, would love to see KW and company infuse this great looking core with more polished talent that could conceivably be a year to 6months behind if not less.

You keep throwing flowers behind the plate until he proves he can't play C. If you even have the remote possibility of getting a plus stick behind the plate you run with it. Its not like we have had defense wizards behind the plate here. Flowers hasn't played C for that long, the idea of giving up on it this early is silly.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 12, 2009 -> 05:32 PM)
:crying Naw, man... Of course this happens. The one time I'm going to see the Barons play, Beckham goes to the DL.

Good news is that there are still a ton of top prospects on that team (including Danks now), but I just really wanted to see 'ol Slayer.

Of course this is my luck. I'm in Nashville and have been planning a trip on the 16th to Jackson to see our boys play and I won't get to see Slayer. Upset.. yes. But there are plenty of guys I still want to see and Danks is a nice surprise if I can't see Gordon. I just knew something like this was gonna happen. Anybody else heading to Jackson on Sat? Would be nice to see some sox fans.

QUOTE (iguchi=dank @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
Of course this is my luck. I'm in Nashville and have been planning a trip on the 16th to Jackson to see our boys play and I won't get to see Slayer. Upset.. yes. But there are plenty of guys I still want to see and Danks is a nice surprise if I can't see Gordon. I just knew something like this was gonna happen. Anybody else heading to Jackson on Sat? Would be nice to see some sox fans.

You might be in luck. He'll be eligible to come off the DL by Saturday, I believe.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
Man are the Barons freaking stacked.

If Dan Hudson keeps dominating, we might see him up at Birmingham come the all-star break. However, there's a possibility Birmingham could lose some studs to Chicago (or Charlotte, but I'm not so sure if we are set at promoting some guys to Charlotte).

That's my guy, and I want him drafted to us bad, though I'm very high on Sanchez myself.

We all knew it was a matter of time for Jordan. Now hopefully Dexter can pitch a tad better in Kanny and once again reunite with his best friend and college teammate again.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 12, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
B'ham's not that far from where you guys are, especially Nashville. You drive down here, I'll get you premium seats for free.

Well, I wouldn't call 3hrs "not that far" when its 6 total, but I understand what your saying, and if we do make a trip down there I'll message ya, hopefully that offer is always there. Can't wait to see the boys over in jackson on saturday and thanks for everyone on the retroactive info on gordon, I was thinking that might have been the case but couldn't find info on the barons site.

..sad that i'm more excited to see the barons than watch lilly and pods lately..

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
If, hypothetically, Anderson fails when he gets benched behind Wise for the next 2/3 of the season, and D2: the Mighty Danks performs well at AA, any chance we'd see him at the end of this year/early next year in the real show? Or is he just too raw still?

I personally think he's still too raw...talented...but raw. He's still the future in CF. Loved watching him play in the fall league...probably my fav to watch. He took it very personal too when he had a crap game out too. Nice humble kid so he seemed...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
If, hypothetically, Anderson fails when he gets benched behind Wise for the next 2/3 of the season, and D2: the Mighty Danks performs well at AA, any chance we'd see him at the end of this year/early next year in the real show? Or is he just too raw still?

I personally think he's still too raw...talented...but raw. He's still the future in CF. Loved watching him play in the fall league...probably my fav to watch. He took it very personal too when he had a crap game out too. Nice humble kid so he seemed...