Sox vs Tribe 5/12 @ 6:05 - CSN

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
Cause they play again tomorrow morning. I agree though, with him swinging the bat well and the team struggling, I'm sure he could manage to play tonight and then tomorrow.

My schedule says 6:05. While I do not like it I understand.

If Quentin is out tonight you need ot play A.J. They can not continue to give games away which is what this would be.

Can betemit play left?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 12, 2009 -> 01:29 PM)
Per Cowley, Quentin is a scratch.

pure speculation, but does anyone else think his wrist might be bothering him? I've noticed a couple of times that he's shaken his hand after fouling off a pitch.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
Nix, SS

Getz, 2B

Dye, RF

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1B

Fields, 3B

Miller, C

Podsednik, LF

Lillibridge, CF

This is a disgusting line-up. 3 out of 9 don't have career avg. above .200.

Yeah but one of this is Nix, who I think has looked good this year and in ST.

Miller and Lillibridge need to go. Lilli back to AAA when Anderson returns, Miller released and replaced with Lucy. Lucy won't hit a lot better, but at least he can run and is cheap, and has some upside.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
Nix, SS

Getz, 2B

Dye, RF

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1B

Fields, 3B

Miller, C

Podsednik, LF

Lillibridge, CF

Yep, Ozzie's stubborness to put Alexei in CF continues to hurt this team. This is the worst lineup for a Sox team in many of years. Not good news about Quentin, just hope it's nothing serious.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
Yep, Ozzie's stubborness to put Alexei in CF continues to hurt this team. This is the worst lineup for a Sox team in many of years. Not good news about Quentin, just hope it's nothing serious.

Really? When was the last time he played there. At this point...Lilli and Alexei are a wash. both have potential, but both are better suited for the infield and neither can hit a lick right now.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 12, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
Really? When was the last time he played there.

Last year. Its his natural position.

As for the bats, as epically bad as Alexei has been, it's still much better than Lillibridge. And at least Ramirez has a chance up there.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
This is what I don't like, but I still think we will get it together.

Through the same amount of games played

RS RA

146 121 2008

129 150 2009

That's a big differential though...a negative swing of 1.48 runs per game compared to last year.

good thing jeremy sowers is awful....probably won't matter though...that lineup is beyond pathetic....for those that hate broadway/mcculloch....Outside of the second half of 06? Sowers has been terrible and was picked 6th overall....makes those picks look halfway decent

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2009 -> 10:15 PM)

Alexei shouldn't be in CF when you have other options. My complaint is that a singles hitter like Lillibridge isn't down at AAA and someone with a bat is up. I guess that will be Andeson, but not until Friday. Why move people around at this point in time and risk defensive lapses? I don't believe you can expect Alexei to perform well in CF when he has been concentrating at playing SS since spring training.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 12, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
good thing jeremy sowers is awful....probably won't matter though...that lineup is beyond pathetic....for those that hate broadway/mcculloch....Outside of the second half of 06? Sowers has been terrible and was picked 6th overall....makes those picks look halfway decent

he may be awful, but remember this team "hasn't faced him before," which means he will be Cy Young tonight

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 12, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
he may be awful, but remember this team "hasn't faced him before," which means he will be Cy Young tonight

I was at a game last year where the Sox destroyed Sowers. With this lineup, 3 runs would be an explosion.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
Official Fathom stat of the day....

White Sox have been outscored an incredible 121-39 in their 17 losses.

Average score of losses, 7.1 to 2.3. Differential of 4.8 per game.

At least we've won MOST of the close games!!!

Very nice...where does our run differential rank in all of baseball?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
Nix, SS

Getz, 2B

Dye, RF

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1B

Fields, 3B

Miller, C

Podsednik, LF

Lillibridge, CF

I almost expect the offense to score 10 runs and for Richard to hold Cleveland scoreless just because it opposes every feeling within me that says this, if a statistical measure were created to estimate our chance of winning a ballgame (percentage wise) before a game, this would be the lowest in years.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
Very nice...where does our run differential rank in all of baseball?

Overall, we have to be ahead of at least 8-10 teams, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were in the bottom 3-5 for run differential in losses.

So we're good at getting blown out, not too many close losses.

So, once again, Ozzie and Gardy win the Pythagorean World Series and Wedge looks even worse, if possible.

Edited by caulfield12