Sox vs Tribe 5/12 @ 6:05 - CSN

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 12, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
i don't really get why this is... how is any of this his fault per se?

Does there have to be a legitimate, quantifiable reason to dislike someone? Well, first he's atrocious, second he's likely in the lineup more for Williams' ego than anything else, and third, he looks like a child. Someone needs to kidnap him from the playground with candy.

He should take some HGH, too.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (tommy @ May 12, 2009 -> 06:41 PM)
Curses aside, it is not Brent's fault hes on a major league squad right now, I agree.

if any one of us were in his shoes, would you walk up to Ozzie and ask to be demoted? Hell f***ing no. Cut the kid some slack.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 12, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
Does there have to be a legitimate, quantifiable reason to dislike someone? Well, first he's atrocious, second he's likely in the lineup more for Williams' ego than anything else, and third, he looks like a child. Someone needs to kidnap him from the playground with candy.

He should take some HGH, too.

yeah, frankly.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 12, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
i don't really get why this is... how is any of this his fault per se?

You'd kind of hope a guy like him would learn a few things about how to use his speed...being more of a slap hitter, rather than popping the ball up all the time.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 12, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
if any one of us were in his shoes, would you walk up to Ozzie and ask to be demoted? Hell f***ing no. Cut the kid some slack.

.......no.

Get used to my insults, because I'm not going anywhere! ahahahwhwahahah

Edited by Flash Tizzle

I definitely don't dislike Lillibridge as a person, as he is being done a huge injustice by being kept in the majors. Lillibridge seems like a nice kid, and I'm sure he's as surprised as any of us that he continues to get so many at bats after his terrible year last year and his terrible performance in Spring Training and the early part of this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2009 -> 11:43 PM)
You'd kind of hope a guy like him would learn a few things about how to use his speed...being more of a slap hitter, rather than popping the ball up all the time.

Something I noticed about him is he's really slow at getting out of the box. For as fast as he is on the bases, he's nowhere near the speed of Getz when getting down the line.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 12, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
You never know...

:)

Yeah, that would be a problem.

Although the chat crew would prolong my memory and continue the fight. Until they too are banned, then it would basically be over.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
Something I noticed about him is he's really slow at getting out of the box. For as fast as he is on the bases, he's nowhere near the speed of Getz when getting down the line.

Things like that...things like a longer swing for a speed guy than he should have...those are things he should be learning...and when you hit like .200 in AAA after 2 years beforehand being a quality prospect, that should be a signal to you that you have things to learn and you better learn them quick.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 12:55 AM)
Why is Getz swinging at the 1st pitch?

He's in-between right now. It's ok, consider it a learning opportunity. He'll probably get tomorrow off, and that's fine. I think a lot of us forget that he's a rookie, and we expect a MLB caliber leadoff hitter.