Sox vs Tribe 5/12 @ 6:05 - CSN

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 12, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
I don't think the years he had in CLE will be forgotten, even if their dog f***ing fans choose to boo him now.

Of course they won't be forgotten but the moment he retires from the game there will be no fanbase that truly appreciates him. I'm sure the Indians fans will embrace him when he comes back to have his number retired but the way they've treated him since he accepted Philly's lucrative free agent contract can't sit well with Jim.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 12, 2009 -> 06:00 PM)
Of course they won't be forgotten but the moment he retires from the game there will be no fanbase that truly appreciates him. I'm sure the Indians fans will embrace him when he comes back to have his number retired but the way they've treated him since he accepted Philly's lucrative free agent contract can't sit well with Jim.

I hear ya. I hope the Sox have an appreciation day for him when he calls it quits.

Lets convert Carrasco to a starter. I know it sounds crazy and hasty, but of our long relievers why just automatically default to Richard? He hasnt had the success as a major leaguer that Carrasco has over this season and last.

Obviously Richard has upside but it'd be nice to see it for a longer stretch as a reliever first.

Interestingly each has pitched 60 innings over the last two years, and although many more of those for Richard are starter innings, the results have a huge disparity. If we're trying to win now I dont know what Clayton gives us.

Edited by Princess Dye

Of the 110 starting pitchers in major league baseball with 30+ IP this season Gavin Floyd has the highest ERA, the second highest WHIP and has allowed the 2nd most hits but apparently he's a better pitcher than John Danks.

Gavin just knows how to win. Maybe Danks should ask for some help.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2009 -> 08:08 PM)
Would anyone be upset if they heard after the game the Sox just released Lillibridge? Seriously, this guy is making Andy Gonzalez look like a major leaguer.

Please... you and I couldn't make Andy Gonzalez look like a major leaguer.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 12, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)
Hmm. Ozzie committing to a bullpen draining game tonight. Hope we can ease up on the pen for tomorrow mornings game

Dude, you know as well as I do who's on the mound tomorrow.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 12, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)
Hmm. Ozzie committing to a bullpen draining game tonight. Hope we can ease up on the pen for tomorrow mornings game

Well, tomorrow's a Buehrle start, Thursday's an offday and today feels like a pretty damn important game. Richard also gave him little choice.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 12, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
"newcomer Brent Lillibridge, whom general manager Ken Williams said has the ability to steal 40 bases in a season"

lol

He does if he's used as a pinch runner. Having him in the line-up, he'll never get on base enough.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)
He does if he's used as a pinch runner. Having him in the line-up, he'll never get on base enough.

If he can find his way to an NL bench playing for an aggressive micro-manager who values stolen bases then that 40 number is well within reach.