5/13 Games

flavum

Omogrosso has big league stuff. I wonder if the Sox think he's ready. I highly doubt it as I still think he projects more as a reliever, but you can't ignore the strides he's made. However, I think the Sox are trying to make sure they don't rush there prospects to the detriment of there careers just to try to save what might be a sinking ship.

I hope Kenny knows he's got some real nice pieces and that he finds a way to move some of his vets and plus some holes and than instill youth and than makes a big run at a FA or two in the off-season. This team isn't near as far away as some would think and I still wouldn't be at all shocked if it even won the division this year.

Shockingly enough, Kent Gerst has been promoted from Kanny to W-S. Also, the Knights game will be on MiLB.tv tonight if you guys want to see Contreras get lit up in AAA.

Edited by JPN366

Omogrosso looked great today, he really works quick. His fastball hit 99 at one point and was hitting 96-97 consistently. With two outs in the top of the 7th and no one out, Omogrosso came up and inside on Todd Frazier. Frazier made a big fuss, but Omo just stared at him. I knew he was going to do it again, and he did, this time he hit him and the benches cleared, but nothing cam of it. Danks got robbed of his first RBI when he hit a single to right, Retherford attempted to score from second, he slid and touched home, then was tagged. But, he was called out, everybody went nuts because he was clearly safe. More good news about Beckham, he said himself he'd be playing Saturday when the Barons are in West Tenn.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 13, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
Omogrosso looked great today, he really works quick. His fastball hit 99 at one point and was hitting 96-97 consistently. With two outs in the top of the 7th and no one out, Omogrosso came up and inside on Todd Frazier. Frazier made a big fuss, but Omo just stared at him. I knew he was going to do it again, and he did, this time he hit him and the benches cleared, but nothing cam of it. Danks got robbed of his first RBI when he hit a single to right, Retherford attempted to score from second, he slid and touched home, then was tagged. But, he was called out, everybody went nuts because he was clearly safe. More good news about Beckham, he said himself he'd be playing Saturday when the Barons are in West Tenn.

Huh? He throws that hard? Have I been missing something?

Omogrosso looked very good in the ST appearance he made...he was absolutely dominant.

He has a "stout" body and strong lower body, a little bit like Prior, not those immense calves, but he's well-built.

94-97 is more likely (probably a "fast" gun) but he can definitely bring it...and high 90's wouldn't be out of the question in short bursts as a reliever.

His ERA is well below 2 now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2009 -> 12:34 PM)
Huh? He throws that hard? Have I been missing something?

Probably a quick gun, but he was hitting 94 in spring training and it wouldn't be a shock if he's throwing a bit harder now. He had a good fastball in the spring training appearance I saw him in.

Hudson with a decent outing. 5 innings, 2 runs (both earned, 3 BB's, 6 K's. Either the hitters in advanced A are a lot more patient or Hudson didn't have his usual great control today (I'm saying it's the later).

Struck out Pedro Alvarez in the first. His 3rd walk of the game in the 5th came around to score.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 13, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Hudson with a decent outing. 5 innings, 2 runs (both earned, 3 BB's, 6 K's. Either the hitters in advanced A are a lot more patient or Hudson didn't have his usual great control today (I'm saying it's the later).

Struck out Pedro Alvarez in the first. His 3rd walk of the game in the 5th came around to score.

Seems like both those runs came in the 5th?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
Hard hit ball I hope? Something solid and in the gap, not a screw-up by the defense?

Shot deep into the right center field gap, hit off the track. His single was to left center.

Contreras: 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 5 K, 1 HBP | 99 pitches, 52 strikes

Not the most encouraging outing from Jose especially when you look at the Scranton WB lineup.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 13, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
Alright then I guess he wasn't done after all.

6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 5 BB, 5 K, 1 HBP | 108 pitches, 57 strikes

I'll buy him as ready to come back when he gets the walks down to 2 or lower.

With Jose it really has always been that simple from my eyes. His stuff moves so much that if people don't know whether they need to swing or not, they're screwed. If Jose is getting ahead of people, he dominates. If Jose is falling behind people, they wait on the fastball and crush the weakest thing he throws, and the 2 guys he walked score.