• Yes
    • No
    • Still too early
    • He's not the bust, Greg Walker sucks

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2009 -> 10:45 PM)
Can't we acquire somebody, anybody with major league experience to play third instead of Josh? It's time for him to play some more minor league ball.

Really? Cause I'm pretty sure he has proven just about everything he can prove down in the minors. If he can't cut it, at this point, in the majors, he's definitely a bust.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 25, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
Do any of those exist in the real world?

Chone Figgins.

Beyond that, there's guys you could easily get away with leading off who happen to play 3b...but you'd rather have them hitting like 2nd or 3rd. Michael Young, Chipper Jones, Ryan Zimmerman.

And maybe guys you could stick there in a pinch. Andy LaRoche has a .357 OBP while at 3rd.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ May 25, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)
Making outs here with Fields

Bartolo will fight you for your meals

Crede's back will make you livid

Don't cry...

The exodous is here....

. . . Its only White Sox Wasteland . . .

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2009 -> 08:33 AM)
Double off the rc field wall. What a concept. Hit it where it is pitched. Maybe some of these guys will start to do that.

When I watch other games, I see a lot of opposite field blasts.

opposite field hits may mean his timing is off swinging a little late or he needs to cut down on his swing. Many right hand power hitters power alley is to right center. If he's striking out too much not hitting the ball for power and averages sound more like we need to get rid of Greg Walker. With his firing I think at least we, the fans could at least feel as if Sox management is at least trying to make the team better.

QUOTE (forrestg @ May 26, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
opposite field hits may mean his timing is off swinging a little late or he needs to cut down on his swing. Many right hand power hitters power alley is to right center. If he's striking out too much not hitting the ball for power and averages sound more like we need to get rid of Greg Walker. With his firing I think at least we, the fans could at least feel as if Sox management is at least trying to make the team better.

So the Sox should make a meaningless move and fire Walker so the fans will feel better?

QUOTE (forrestg @ May 26, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)

And back to the regularly scheduled Fire Greg Walker show...

QUOTE (forrestg @ May 26, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)

This is the post of the year. Its Greg Walker's fault Josh Fields strikes out.

Why wouldn't it be Don Cooper's fault Mike MacDougal couldn't throw a strike? Maybe they should fire him to show fans they care.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)

Why wouldn't it be Don Cooper's fault Mike MacDougal couldn't throw a strike? Maybe they should fire him to show fans they care.

suicide.gif

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)

notagain.jpg

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
Josh Fields has played 1, count it, 1 FULL Major League Baseball season, 164 total games in his career to be EXACT.

/thread

Josh Fields turns 27 this f***ing year. He's s***.

I've played 0 Major League seasons, but guess what, I'm not going to make it.

/thread my ass.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)

/thread my ass.

It's Josh Fields's fault that he was drafted by a team that had a 3b blocking him and couldn't take the position 2 years ago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2009 -> 08:15 AM)
Those two middle inning AB swings by Josh last night were as hard as he has hit balls all year, especially the double off of the RC field wall. Hopefully the RBI single on Sunday loosened him up a bit.

His first hit was the hardest hit ball he hit for a while. He was looking fastball, got it, and actually hit it. That second hit though, that's a pitch Fields has always handled. Speier really sucks, he has nothing. I don't remember him being so bad in Toronto.

If he's striking out too much not hitting the ball for power and averages sound more like we need to get rid of Greg Walker.

Was this a joke? Or is the poster 10 years old, which is possible. Josh Fields needs a lot more multi-hit games to prove he's a big leaguer but I wouldn't blame Walker.

At least the Walker stuff is Baseball Cliche 101.

The Royals are not hitting right now and after every anemic performance the talk shows are lighting up about getting rid of Kevin Seitzer as hitting coach.

Earlier this year, they were clamoring for Dave Duncan's head in St. Louis, so much the columnist wrote the fans need to shut up, that Duncan is a Hall of Famer. And since that Cub series, the Cardinal staff has been great, temporarily shutting up the fans.

Who are Cub fans blaming for their eight losses in a row? It's a cliche you gotta blame either the skipper or one of the coaches.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
Was this a joke? Or is the poster 10 years old, which is possible. Josh Fields needs a lot more multi-hit games to prove he's a big leaguer but I wouldn't blame Walker.

At least the Walker stuff is Baseball Cliche 101.

The Royals are not hitting right now and after every anemic performance the talk shows are lighting up about getting rid of Kevin Seitzer as hitting coach.

Earlier this year, they were clamoring for Dave Duncan's head in St. Louis, so much the columnist wrote the fans need to shut up, that Duncan is a Hall of Famer. And since that Cub series, the Cardinal staff has been great, temporarily shutting up the fans.

Who are Cub fans blaming for their eight losses in a row? It's a cliche you gotta blame either the skipper or one of the coaches.

We've seen results under Walker. It's more of the approach he preaches that everyone is tired of.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 26, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
His first hit was the hardest hit ball he hit for a while. He was looking fastball, got it, and actually hit it. That second hit though, that's a pitch Fields has always handled. Speier really sucks, he has nothing. I don't remember him being so bad in Toronto.

With all due respect, so what? He hit a ball really hard. In Chicago it would have been a homer. You have to start somewhere, and to have Fields squaring up and hitting the ball hard is a good thing for him and team, which is the most important thing. I know you have a thing against Fields, but the team really has no REAL substitute for him until Dayan Viciedo is ready, which could be next year. I don't want to hear Beckham, because the team themselves have said he isn't ready, nor Nix, because he is hitting worse than Josh.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 26, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)

/thread my ass.

Good post. Excellent point. So because Steve Harnden can't, neither can Josh Fields. Makes sense.