Contreras Update

rokimar

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2009 -> 02:16 AM)
Jose shouldn't return to the big league Sox again.

He's too old. His funky sidearm s*** doesn't work.

He's methodical. He's wild. His pitches scream 'hit me.'

Just let him go somewhere else. And thank him for the past. He was a great Sox undoubtedly but he and Pods need to go.

He's still "ahead" of schedule for when he was supposed to return from the injury, and he's trying to get the feel for his pitches back. You won't even give him that chance in AAA? It seems silly to declare a talented pitcher done after a rough start in the majors. Maybe he makes it back, maybe he doesn't. If he doesn't, it doesn't hurt the major league team as they'd have to pay his salary either way. If he does make it back, he can be extremely valuable to the team.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Disco72 @ May 25, 2009 -> 06:21 AM)
He's still "ahead" of schedule for when he was supposed to return from the injury, and he's trying to get the feel for his pitches back. You won't even give him that chance in AAA? It seems silly to declare a talented pitcher done after a rough start in the majors. Maybe he makes it back, maybe he doesn't. If he doesn't, it doesn't hurt the major league team as they'd have to pay his salary either way. If he does make it back, he can be extremely valuable to the team.

I agree, and am saddened at all of the Jose-bashing. There was talk that he wouldn't be back until after the ASB. Give the guy a break, and give him the opportunity to earn his way back into the rotation. After what he's done for this organization, I'd say that he's earned that opportunity.