P90X

StrangeSox

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
Yeah, I think it was because most of the exercises were new to me, but it also seemed like the exercises didn't work as well together as they did in Back & Chest.

CST kicks my ass as well - although i will say, since this was my third week doing it, i kicked the s*** out of the second half. got some weird second wind and bumped up my numbers. even managed a handful of one-handed pushups which... good lord. i mean i can barely do them fresh, much less 3/4 of the way thru the workout.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
When in doubt, have another shake. With how many cals we need to bring in and how much protein, just eat or drink as much protein as you can.

be careful with this though... there are studies that show too much protein is actually pretty harmful for your body - specifically the kidneys.

basically a good rule of thumb is one gram per pound. So if you weigh 160, go for 160 grams. you CAN do a little bit more than that and still be ok, but don't go overboard.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
f***ing Plyo.

Best part of today was taking my 30 day pictures and comparing them to day 1 aka post-holiday cookie body.

Yeah, I just did the same.

Taking a week off of plyo really doesn't help...next rest week I'm not going to skip it.

How the hell do you upload a file that is small enough to fit here? Jesus

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 07:18 PM)
Yeah, I just did the same.

Taking a week off of plyo really doesn't help...next rest week I'm not going to skip it.

How the hell do you upload a file that is small enough to fit here? Jesus

Dont know, mine compressed like a mofo and was weird. I may have to host my pics when im done. I am super excited to see what happens this next 30 days. I know my mid section and shoulders are night and day. I have a 4-pack coming in, just need to clean up the lower abs.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
Dont know, mine compressed like a mofo and was weird. I may have to host my pics when im done. I am super excited to see what happens this next 30 days. I know my mid section and shoulders are night and day. I have a 4-pack coming in, just need to clean up the lower abs.

Yeah, this next 30 days should be interesting.

Really happy with the progress after the first 30.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
f*** plyo was hard, im still huffing and puffing. I was so weak in the bonus round.

The middle set with the jump squats and the mary jane's is brutal. Then that last set is pretty rough too. If it weren't for those soldier marches or whatever I think I would probably die during the 4th set.

Woo, I LIKE Back & Biceps! First time I've done it, but man, if you don't feel like you're accomplishing something there, you're dead...

Had a nice little 9 mile bike ride this afternoon to make up for a bunch of crap I ate last night while watching Paranormal Activity...:)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
Woo, I LIKE Back & Biceps! First time I've done it, but man, if you don't feel like you're accomplishing something there, you're dead...

Had a nice little 9 mile bike ride this afternoon to make up for a bunch of crap I ate last night while watching Paranormal Activity...:)

i love B&B too, you really hash your arms. get ready for the SORE tomorrow. :)

I'm supposed to get the DVD's from a friend tonight, plan on starting this tomorrow. I'll post updates as I progress and I'm sure I'll have questions for you guys.

One thing I did want to ask those that have done it though- I don't want to let my gym membership go to waste, any good ideas of what I can do in the gym to supplement this program? I'm worried there won't be enough energy to go around....but if I do make it to the gym, should I be focusing solely on cardio there?

QUOTE (Getupstretch39 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
I'm supposed to get the DVD's from a friend tonight, plan on starting this tomorrow. I'll post updates as I progress and I'm sure I'll have questions for you guys.

One thing I did want to ask those that have done it though- I don't want to let my gym membership go to waste, any good ideas of what I can do in the gym to supplement this program? I'm worried there won't be enough energy to go around....but if I do make it to the gym, should I be focusing solely on cardio there?

I've been doing P90X for about 30 days now, and I am finding that I like to get a little extra cardio in on my days off work. I have a road bike that I ride when the weather here is nice in Vegas, so I ride about 8-10 miles to supplement my P90X workouts on my days off. So you may want to do something at the gym along those lines?

My advice will be to just do what you feel like doing...after 2-3 weeks you will have a good idea of what your body wants from you...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
I've been doing P90X for about 30 days now, and I am finding that I like to get a little extra cardio in on my days off work. I have a road bike that I ride when the weather here is nice in Vegas, so I ride about 8-10 miles to supplement my P90X workouts on my days off. So you may want to do something at the gym along those lines?

My advice will be to just do what you feel like doing...after 2-3 weeks you will have a good idea of what your body wants from you...

f*** you and your warm weather.

B&B and ARX tonight. My arms kill. The end

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
f*** you and your warm weather.

B&B and ARX tonight. My arms kill. The end

Good work, Rock! Keep it up....I dunno how you do that ARX after these resistance workouts...I am still too much of a wuss to do it.

Just finished my vinyasas. Still find that final half moon and twisted half moon to be brutal on my standing leg...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
Good work, Rock! Keep it up....I dunno how you do that ARX after these resistance workouts...I am still too much of a wuss to do it.

Just finished my vinyasas. Still find that final half moon and twisted half moon to be brutal on my standing leg...

Just do it. You will struggle through it a few times, but go at your own pace and make sure you do try and complete it. It WILL get easier. My main goal is to lose my belly fat and get my abs back so its something i need to concentrate on.

If there is anything I feel like I absolutely need weights for, it's for Legs & Back. Still doing some of the lunges without weights, and it obviously does not provide the full effect.

Wish they would have split Back & Biceps and Legs & Back up more for phase 2. Seems a bit rough to do back work just a day apart.

Kenpo X today.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)
I was a mad man with my pushups today, doing 40 more than last week. Last week I did 10 more than two weeks ago. No idea what got into me but I know it was going to be a good day when the military pushups were coming easily. I'm starting up week 3.

That's awesome, man. Keep up the good work!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
Where's everybody been?

Hope your not all taking the weekend off.....:)

haha nope. starting a recovery week next week, though I AM gonna do some resistance work too. missed a B+B so definitely gonna throw that in. Yoga tomorrow tho.

keep it rockin' everybody!