P90X

StrangeSox

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
Holy s***. Is that thing loaded with carbs or something? Thats for people who need mass, and you will get it.

On your other post, Core Syn looks easy at first, until people start doing it, it will kill you. Put your bro into CST and see how he lasts.

140 some grams of carbs, yeah. it's a beast.

i also have just learned not to drink it before you work out - even if you wait like 2 hours. the last third of chest and back i was nauseous as all hell. Def saving it for afterwards in the future...

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)

i also have just learned not to drink it before you work out - even if you wait like 2 hours. the last third of chest and back i was nauseous as all hell. Def saving it for afterwards in the future...

Yeah, thats a gorgeous recovery drink right there.

Does anyone feel like the two-twitch speed pushups are almost impossible to do in the order they are inserted in the CST workout? I swear, all three times I have tried to do them after the preceding exercises, I damn near fall flat on my face...

Brutal.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
Does anyone feel like the two-twitch speed pushups are almost impossible to do in the order they are inserted in the CST workout? I swear, all three times I have tried to do them after the preceding exercises, I damn near fall flat on my face...

Brutal.

Do em on your knees until you can push em out. YOu can do it dude.

Did my first day today. Chest and back. I am DEAD. I am dreading the pain I will be in tomorrow. I was a little disappointed in the amount of pullups I could do, especially on the 2nd round. Didn't even make it into ab ripper at the end, hopefully i will be able to get there next week.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
Did my first day today. Chest and back. I am DEAD. I am dreading the pain I will be in tomorrow. I was a little disappointed in the amount of pullups I could do, especially on the 2nd round. Didn't even make it into ab ripper at the end, hopefully i will be able to get there next week.

Congrats, my friend!

Stick with it! You'll be sore all week, so get used to it!

Plyo today is going to damn-near kill you. Don't panic if you can't finish or if you have to pause it multiple times. But just make sure you do your absolute best!

Good work!

haha dude. my first time doing this i had damn near zero pullups. USE A CHAIR! If you do, you'll make huge improvements. Now I don't use a chair at all.

Way to go for getting started. Just keep pressing play. Just show up. And once you've pressed play, give it all you've got - and that's all you need to do. So you don't finish Plyo? Big deal. Next time you'll do better, and the next even better, and you'll be amazed at your progress.

Glad you've joined us!

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
What is the difference between P90 and P90X?

the X.

P90X is much more Xtreme (see what I did there?) than Power 90. Still a good workout tho, just not quite as intense.

Use a chair, you HAVE to. I still do quite a bit since you are cracking out over 150 pullups in a workout at times.

Plyo is going to murder you, and the 3 days after as well. Remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body. And make sure you TRY Ab Ripper X. It gets MUCH easier once you go through it a few times.

I work a job where I work a rotating shift and I came into the office this week to work days for the first time in several weeks with the regular folks.

You should see the reaction...I think every woman in this office is looking on beachbody.com right now.

That's part of what makes all of this worth it.

Man I wish I had P90X. :( In other news I'm down to 155 today from 180 so I dropped 25 pounds. :) Too bad that biggest loser thing still ain't goin on. :lol: Got some extra fat that needs muscle, but have no idea how to work them.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
Man I wish I had P90X. :( In other news I'm down to 155 today from 180 so I dropped 25 pounds. :) Too bad that biggest loser thing still ain't goin on. :lol: Got some extra fat that needs muscle, but have no idea how to work them.

where's the fat in question? we might be able to help you out.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)

Personally, I'd split that shake into 2. You'll get more out of it. Your body is not going to need all of the carbs/proteins/fats that are in it all at once. I'd do half before workout and half after. You'll retain more from the shake, and your muscles will be able to put it to better use. Shakes like that are just overkill.

Just did plyometrics for the first time. Made it about three quarters of the way through before my form became so bad I had to stop. Im enjoying pushing myself to my limits though. I haven't done that in a long time. Hopefully I can walk tomorrow lol.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
Just did plyometrics for the first time. Made it about three quarters of the way through before my form became so bad I had to stop. Im enjoying pushing myself to my limits though. I haven't done that in a long time. Hopefully I can walk tomorrow lol.

You will have time getting out of your car, dont worry everyone goes through it. Plyo is a beast, but in a good way.

CST for me tonight, seemed kind of easy until I got to slow motion throw, yeesh. ARX is getting easier and easier, hopefully my lower abs start poking through soon, my hip bones are already pretty well defined.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 06:25 PM)
Would you P90X'ers say that it's possible to supplement traditional strength training into the program?

I would say its easier to supplement traditional cardio into the program since the strength training is really the core of the workout. Its designed for very well rounded muscles and is the base of the muscle confusion which makes the program so effective.

Really pushed myself hard in plyo tonight. It was a bit tough after only 4.5 hours sleep and a 12 hour busy shift today. Then really pushed hard on top of it.

Drank a bit too big of a gulp of water after the 4th set and almost puked during the 5th set and the sports extra, but made it through. Feeling really really dizzy here....oh boy....;)

And Blake, definitely look into hitting this up. The endorphins your body creates will really make you feel better about yourself.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)
No such thing as spot reduction Reddy, gotta do total body.

you're right except for the stomach. You can have nice tone everywhere else and still have a little bit of a barrell

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
you're right except for the stomach. You can have nice tone everywhere else and still have a little bit of a barrell

Thats a bit of my problem right now (can see the definition back of the 6 pack I once had though), though I got some fat around the tricep area. I am seeing results though, I'll probably look into getting alittle bulk later, but right I'm just looing for more tone all around.