P90X

StrangeSox

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
Not sure. My advice would be to bite the bullet and order it from beachbody. If you want, you can pay in installments, so it doesn't seem as harsh.

Trust me, after week 2, you're going to be like "damn, I am glad I did this."

Gooch, you have any regrets?

No way, it is worth it for the energy boost alone. If you can find time to do it in the morning before work/school, you will feel better all day. I have felt just generally better since starting it. Even if you don't have time to do it in the mornings (which often haven't) the results have been worth it. I have already increased my pullups, pushups, and stamina and I am only at the end of my 2nd week/beginning of third.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
No way, it is worth it for the energy boost alone. If you can find time to do it in the morning before work/school, you will feel better all day. I have felt just generally better since starting it. Even if you don't have time to do it in the mornings (which often haven't) the results have been worth it. I have already increased my pullups, pushups, and stamina and I am only at the end of my 2nd week/beginning of third.

isn't it great? it's amazing how quickly you start seeing results, and more importantly, start FEELING the results.

Did my L+B tonight and decided to listen to tony this time and forget about the numbers, so I made sure I was going ALL the way down on the pullups and all the way back up. Not allowing myself a cheat rep here and there. And man, it was good. Only (and I love that I can say only) did 71, but it was a good, working, 71. Trying to decide whether to do C+B tomorrow or a cardio. Normally I do L+B over the weekend, but i had a craaaazy weekend but didn't want to skip it. Maybe I'll pull a double... if I'm feeling beastly enough.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
f*** you CST. Take your two twitch speed pushups and your weighted circles and shove them both up your ass.

Haha can't wait til I get to that. I partied a little too hard the St. Pat's Day weekend so I missed about 2 days :( Got back to it today though. Anybody else love Kenpo? I think its a blast. I killed it today. Just need to get my kicks a little bit higher overall and I'll be happy

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 08:58 PM)
Haha can't wait til I get to that. I partied a little too hard the St. Pat's Day weekend so I missed about 2 days :( Got back to it today though. Anybody else love Kenpo? I think its a blast. I killed it today. Just need to get my kicks a little bit higher overall and I'll be happy

I did that this weekend too, get back at it. Eat clean, work out hard, it'll catch up.

CST sucks at points, my shoulders get completely wasted, but i LIKE it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
I did that this weekend too, get back at it. Eat clean, work out hard, it'll catch up.

CST sucks at points, my shoulders get completely wasted, but i LIKE it.

I have always had problems with my shoulder. I always feel like I have hurt them, as opposed to when I do other muscles they might feel sore and tired, but never like they are hurt. It has gotten to the point where it affects other muscle groups when I do them on the same day as shoulders. I'm hoping not to have to resort to using bands for shoulder, but we'll see.

And Iamshack, show her your rockstar kick, she'll be yours forever

Missed my workout for the first time today in 37 days.

Had a tee time for 108 and didn't want to mess with Shoulders & Arms before playing golf. Then had to go meet a girl for St Patty's Day, and I must say, I'm not going to beat myself up about it too badly. This is one of the reasons I have been busting my ass like this for 8 weeks in the first place.

Going to hit it tomorrow morning before the tourney starts.

Woo!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 02:20 AM)
Missed my workout for the first time today in 37 days.

Had a tee time for 108 and didn't want to mess with Shoulders & Arms before playing golf. Then had to go meet a girl for St Patty's Day, and I must say, I'm not going to beat myself up about it too badly. This is one of the reasons I have been busting my ass like this for 8 weeks in the first place.

Going to hit it tomorrow morning before the tourney starts.

Woo!

EARLY MORNING PLYO b****ES!!!!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
Yeah, but how good did you feel this morning?

I am dragging from a day of no sleep, eating crap, and not working out.

Little sleep, so now I feel terribly tired. About to do B&B however so I think that will wake me up.

I'll be working the weekends for awhile, so that'll mean less empty beer calories. Did some shoulders, tris, and bis today. After this week, it'll be my first rest week, then onto the 2nd phase Thinking about getting some 2 and a half lb weights to increase just a little bit on some of the bi and tri exercises.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
So I think I'm going to try and accomplish what I can from this after I get back from break.

Do I try to get up early and do it in the morning, or afternoon/evening after teaching.....

Gotta just figure out what works best for you...I usually try to do it between 2 and 6 PM for the most part.

I get up 5:30 - 6 AM Monday thru Friday and return from teaching at 4 PM. But I'll also work until 5 or 6 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

So I just gotta find the time. As well as a pullup bar and those workout bands or whatever...ha

My goals are likely going to be different. I'm still at the point where I can eat what I want and not gain a pound, so I'm not looking to overhaul my diet. As it is, I really can't afford to do it at this point - tough to justify big changes there with no income.

As of right this moment, I'm 5-9, 131 pounds. Waist is around 30". I'm not looking to shed pounds, but am interested in increasing my overall fitness and add to and tone muscles. I'm not sure I'm quite ready for a weight lifting program either. So, ideally, my goal for now is to try this out, see where it gets me. Would like to get more definition in my abs (wouldn't we all) and elsewhere.

The biggest thing I'm looking for is to try and have more energy and see if it helps my attitude/self image, etc. I'm tired a lot, partly because teaching wears you out, but also because I don't work out. I also donate plasma, don't know if that has an effect (though I have found out my pulse is really low for someone who doesn't exercise - was 58 the other day)

Don't know if that's an OK way to go into this, but I want to try it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
Are we supposed to be impressed by this?

Hahaha, of course!

My progress was completely stalled with that bulls*** behavior of mine last weekend, so I cardio'ed the f*** out of myself this week for payback. I think its feeling it now.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 19, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
I get up 5:30 - 6 AM Monday thru Friday and return from teaching at 4 PM. But I'll also work until 5 or 6 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

So I just gotta find the time. As well as a pullup bar and those workout bands or whatever...ha

My goals are likely going to be different. I'm still at the point where I can eat what I want and not gain a pound, so I'm not looking to overhaul my diet. As it is, I really can't afford to do it at this point - tough to justify big changes there with no income.

As of right this moment, I'm 5-9, 131 pounds. Waist is around 30". I'm not looking to shed pounds, but am interested in increasing my overall fitness and add to and tone muscles. I'm not sure I'm quite ready for a weight lifting program either. So, ideally, my goal for now is to try this out, see where it gets me. Would like to get more definition in my abs (wouldn't we all) and elsewhere.

The biggest thing I'm looking for is to try and have more energy and see if it helps my attitude/self image, etc. I'm tired a lot, partly because teaching wears you out, but also because I don't work out. I also donate plasma, don't know if that has an effect (though I have found out my pulse is really low for someone who doesn't exercise - was 58 the other day)

Don't know if that's an OK way to go into this, but I want to try it.

So for you, make sure you invest in some free weights IMO. ANd up your protein intake quite a bit during the workouts. Your muscles will become much more defined and rounded and with protein you should see a size increase.

As for your energy etc. You will feel AWESOME. There is no doubt about that. I think the guys in this thread can attest to the difference in the way you feel from day to day. You have so much more energy and just want to do something during the day physical no matter what it is.