P90X

StrangeSox

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 08:29 AM)
Doing both routines is going to be a waste of money. Even people in great shape will struggle through P90x the first few times through a routine, just do your best and watch how much you improve from week to week.

Rock, how much are you improving? How about updating your progress?

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
Rock, how much are you improving? How about updating your progress?

I've started the program over again after I injured my shoulder and had to take 2 weeks off. I've still had good results, lowered my body fat and reduced my waist size by 2+ inches. You also become freakishly strong in weird ways. For example, how many people do pull ups on a regular basis? Not many because its a difficult exercise and its kind of embarrassing. Well after several days of doing 120+ pull ups, chin ups etc, I can pretty much knock out 50 in a row of varying hand placements.

• 2 weeks later...

My cousin's fat g/f has been doing it, and from her latest facebook beach pics, she looks slim and toned (and from what I hear, she doesn't really limit herself from the eating). I have always believed that even if you do old fashioned exercise but just stick to it and try to do some research about what you eat you'd be good to go, but I guess stuff like this is good since it's less boring, may be better to keep you more focused, targets specific areas, etc

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
I'm going to start doing the P90X as well. My question is, is there anything you can substitute for a pullup bar? My dad won't let me get one that hangs on the doorway.

Not really, and I don't blame your dad, either, they often scuff or discolor the door frame.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
I'm not blaming him. It just sucks that I can't do pullups.

Well, mine that hangs on the door frame doesnt do damage to it really so far. Another option is to get the rubberbands that will shut in the top of doors and you can do your back exercises with that.

• 5 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
Good luck.

s*** this stuff is insane. i consider my self in relatively good shape and i can barely finish the p90x workouts if i finish them at all. if i can stick with it i'm expecting pretty great results.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 10:35 PM)
s*** this stuff is insane. i consider my self in relatively good shape and i can barely finish the p90x workouts if i finish them at all. if i can stick with it i'm expecting pretty great results.

It supposed to be hard, in fact your first 30 days will be torture. The goal is to start finishing all of the routines, then actually getting your reps up and sticking with the folks in the vids. BY the end you will be amazed by how easy the first few exercises were like arms and shoulders.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 07:47 PM)
pecs, abs, arms, back. all in pain. good pain, but pain nonetheless. sheesh.

Nice work. Which set are you on right now? How'd you like the first go round of plyo?

I had shoulders and arms today, the one leg chair dips burned me up pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
Pull up bar and weights will set you back about 50 bucks total. I wouldnt waste money on drinks unless you really think you need it.

Go to beachbody.com and check the forums and people's success stories. Go on facebook and do the same. It works.

I would also be in favor of burning the series for folks for a nominal fee as long as you dont get me sued.

Let's talk business. I noticed I replied to this in May and you ignored it.

I won't be ignored this time. :D

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 04:55 PM)
Sorry, I like to ignore. PM me. I am sure if either you sent me blank Dvd's or if I purchased some from bullk that we could work something out. Problem is that I have switched from my PC to a new Mac and im not sure how to copy encrypted DVD's with this yet.

Since I'm a MAC guy, I'll help you out there. :D

First, install a free program called VLC (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/5758), it's an all-encompassing media player that will play Windows WMV, etc. We aren't actually using this to watch videos, but for it's codecs and it's ability to on the fly encrypt/decrypt DVD's.

Next, install Handbreak, (http://handbrake.fr/) which is another free app for decoding movies, DVD's, etc. Handbreak will automagically use the decrypt features of VLC on the fly when decoding/encoding. This will create your decrypted DVD image.

Next you use DVD authoring software to burn this created image to disc. I use and old version of VisualHub for this, but the project was switched over to something free called FilmRedux, which I have not used yet. Handbreak may be able to burn DVD's, but I'm not sure...but it sure as hell can decode them with ease. :D

Edited by Y2HH