P90X

StrangeSox

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
Just did plyo for the second time. I couldn't hang with them the entire time, but I did much better than the first round.

Take small breaks if you need them, but power through, they get easier, alot easier.

S+A yesterday was so refreshing.

I don't know if its because I'm using bands or what, but my arms are not nearly as sore as I expected them to be the day after Shoulders & Arms. My arms aren't dead after the workout, but I don't feel like I could do the next higher band on any of the exercises yet. Am I doing something wrong?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)
I don't know if its because I'm using bands or what, but my arms are not nearly as sore as I expected them to be the day after Shoulders & Arms. My arms aren't dead after the workout, but I don't feel like I could do the next higher band on any of the exercises yet. Am I doing something wrong?

My arms are dead about 25 min in. Maybe you need to step up to the next band. How many reps are you doing?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)

You might want to do more reps. When I used the bands I often did 30 reps on many of the pull-up exercises. The other suggestion is to hold the rep longer, I believe Tony refers to it as an "isometric" hold.

Yeah, squeeze and hold the rep in a position with a lot of resistance. Think of the Static Arm Curls as an example.

Finally got some weights for the tricep kickback exercises. I couldn't keep my form at all with the bands.

Yoga today. I've discovered that I'm probably the least-flexible person on the planet.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 06:18 PM)
I have been shooting for the 12-15 range in reps. I think I will try the heavier bands next time and just see how many I can do.

By the end of some of the resistance workouts, I can barely do 8.

I just downloaded one on one with Tony Horton and also the insanity series. Looking forward to adding this to my plan. As I said before, my muscle results have been very good, but I havent leaned down as much as I wanted to, so I am adding some more cardio to the mix.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)

I just downloaded one on one with Tony Horton and also the insanity series. Looking forward to adding this to my plan. As I said before, my muscle results have been very good, but I havent leaned down as much as I wanted to, so I am adding some more cardio to the mix.

Did you get those Bowflex adjustable dumbbells? Do you like them? I've read some reviews where people say they are not as sturdy as they would like.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
Did you get those Bowflex adjustable dumbbells? Do you like them? I've read some reviews where people say they are not as sturdy as they would like.

Mine have been excellent, they couldnt be any better to be honest. I understand some people have had issues, but not me. It's really intensified all of the workouts.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)

You just eat too well, my friend...

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
Its definitely the case. If I good stick to the diet on the weekends I would be in much better shape.

I have the same problem with eating too well. Yesterday ate dinner: about 10 oz. of chicken and brocoli. Then after dinner, inexplicably, I eat an English muffin with peanut butter (about 200 calories), two bowls of kashi go lean crunch cereal (about 320 calories total), some dark chocolate (about 100 calories) and oatmeal with peanut butter (another 200 calories or so). So after my dinner, which was at 7:15 p.m., I still managed to down another 800 calories or so. I am not even sure why. I wasn't really hungry, but also my dinner didn't fill me either.

QUOTE (maggliopipe @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
Damn! I did core synergistics for the first time last night and felt like I was gonna vomit for 20 minutes or so afterward. That was a much tougher workout for me than any of the others thus far.

Yeah, its rough. So many different things in one workout.

I DID puke after an insanity workout however, but I think it was the protein bar I ate.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
Yeah, its rough. So many different things in one workout.

I DID puke after an insanity workout however, but I think it was the protein bar I ate.

Sounds like a cherry on top of one of those wonderful Insanity workouts haha. Just did my second CS workout and it was worse than the first. Ugh.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)
Alright so I am back to doing yoga, but I am using the yoga on one on one with Tony Horton. Its much more tolerable.

Is it? Interesting...I have a few One on One's that have come in the mail that I haven't even opened yet.

Just took down Chest & Back again today...really been struggling to stay in the routine after going through the initial 90 days...but then you see yourself start to shrink and it's like, aww, f***...I better get moving here.

I will say that it is amazing that the few days I have worked out since I finished the program have probably been the three best days I have felt physically and mentally. Putting yourself through this sort of effort really gets that serotonin pumping in a way nothing else does...

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 3, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
Is it? Interesting...I have a few One on One's that have come in the mail that I haven't even opened yet.

Just took down Chest & Back again today...really been struggling to stay in the routine after going through the initial 90 days...but then you see yourself start to shrink and it's like, aww, f***...I better get moving here.

I will say that it is amazing that the few days I have worked out since I finished the program have probably been the three best days I have felt physically and mentally. Putting yourself through this sort of effort really gets that serotonin pumping in a way nothing else does...

They are different, thats for sure. The yoga is much better than P90X yoga. Its nice to change up the pace, and ive put the insanity workouts into my routine to get a little more lean.