P90X

StrangeSox

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 05:37 PM)
Alright, new month, new workouts. Chest Shoulders and Triceps tonight with a delightful ARX routine at the end.

I just finished Chest, Shoulders & Triceps myself. It was pretty brutal for me first time through...Plus, I broke the band I use for my triceps the other day, so my work in that area was really weak.

Not a particularly good workout by me today. Need to clean it up!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 06:39 PM)
I just finished Chest, Shoulders & Triceps myself. It was pretty brutal for me first time through...Plus, I broke the band I use for my triceps the other day, so my work in that area was really weak.

Not a particularly good workout by me today. Need to clean it up!

Now I remember this dvd, and how much I hated it until I went through it a few times. Once you hit two twitch speed pushups, if you are toast, you are going to suffer through that workout. f*** im tired.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
Now I remember this dvd, and how much I hated it until I went through it a few times. Once you hit two twitch speed pushups, if you are toast, you are going to suffer through that workout. f*** im tired.

Yeah, I think it was because most of the exercises were new to me, but it also seemed like the exercises didn't work as well together as they did in Back & Chest.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
Yeah, I think it was because most of the exercises were new to me, but it also seemed like the exercises didn't work as well together as they did in Back & Chest.

Muscle confusion at its best. Your shoulders will be sore in new places because of the rotational exercises.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Pull up bar or bands that hook into your door. Dumbbells are a plus if you dont want to use bands.

Hey Rock, are you still happy with the Muscle Milk light?

I've been making a chocolate flavored shake every day for breakfast with a banana blended into it. I'm really happy with it, but don't really know the difference...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
Hey Rock, are you still happy with the Muscle Milk light?

I've been making a chocolate flavored shake every day for breakfast with a banana blended into it. I'm really happy with it, but don't really know the difference...

Im actually taking the regular stuff since they changed their formula, I'm finding its a great post workout shake. I'll supplement my shakes with the occasional ISOpure protein drink once a dayish.

I've been throwing a touch of peanut butter in with my cookies and cream after workouts for the MM regular.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 08:58 PM)
Im actually taking the regular stuff since they changed their formula, I'm finding its a great post workout shake. I'll supplement my shakes with the occasional ISOpure protein drink once a dayish.

I've been throwing a touch of peanut butter in with my cookies and cream after workouts for the MM regular.

I guess I'm not going to worry too much about it...Just try to get 175 grams of protein a day and eat well and everything will workout in the end...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
I guess I'm not going to worry too much about it...Just try to get 175 grams of protein a day and eat well and everything will workout in the end...

When in doubt, have another shake. With how many cals we need to bring in and how much protein, just eat or drink as much protein as you can.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
When in doubt, have another shake. With how many cals we need to bring in and how much protein, just eat or drink as much protein as you can.

I usually have a muscle milk light shake for breakfast, an optimum whey shake after my workout, then a lean meat sandwich, maybe some salmon or tuna, and some other random sources such chicken noodle soup or something. My guess is I take in 125-150 grams...probably need to still do more...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
You're going to want one light one for triceps, maybe 10-15 lbs resistance, then probably a 25 lb medium band, and then a 35-50 lb heavy band.

What are we talking in terms of price and where can I get them?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
What are we talking in terms of price and where can I get them?

I bought mine at Dick's Sportiing Goods, probably $55 or so for the three total. You can check online at Amazon.com, I know they have some designed to work with P90X. You can probably also find them cheaper at Target or Walmart. They are really starting to become a popular piece of exercise equipment, so a lot more places are carrying them now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
No, I don't really know how those work.

Probably someting more like this:

http://www.target.com/Natural-Fitness-Adju...sistance%20Tube

Those are the type I bought. I just finished my first workout doing Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and holy hell am I worn out. It was rough but damn it felt pretty good though.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
Those are the type I bought. I just finished my first workout doing Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and holy hell am I worn out. It was rough but damn it felt pretty good though.

Sounds like Rock, you, and myself are all right at the exact same point in our current cycle. Yeah, the pushups WEAR you out.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)

Did you do Ab Ripper X after? Thats the cherry on the sundae.