Draft Profile: Eric Arnett - RHP - Indiana

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 25, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
7 IP, 4 H, 10 K, 1 BB so far. Still pumping the fastball up there at 92 in the 7th. He's definitely got a plus breaking ball.

Yeah, that was the tape of the Big Ten opener. He looked solid.

The Hoosiers drew Louisville in the first game of that regional. Arnett could pull off the upset and the lineup was spectacular in running the Big Ten tourney. Vanderbilt on a down year and Middle Tennessee are the other 2 in that regional, the Hoosiers have a shot if they play like they did last weekend.

IU has a pretty sick offense, but there's not a ton of depth pitching wise, and defense is sometimes a concern.

Arnett came out of absolutely nowhere this year. Unfortunately, I was never able to get out to the park on days he was pitching, so I don't have anything real good for you. However, everything I heard around campus has been echoed in this thread -- hard fastball, not a ton of movement, and not great secondary pitches.

The guy I really love on IU's team is Phegley, he's a stud. Hits with power, compact stance, handles the staff real well.

Anyone know if Bashore is going to drafted? He was the ace of the Hoosier staff last year as a sophomore, but wasn't quite as good this year. He started off poorly, but he really picked it up in big ten play.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 25, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
IU has a pretty sick offense, but there's not a ton of depth pitching wise, and defense is sometimes a concern.

Arnett came out of absolutely nowhere this year. Unfortunately, I was never able to get out to the park on days he was pitching, so I don't have anything real good for you. However, everything I heard around campus has been echoed in this thread -- hard fastball, not a ton of movement, and not great secondary pitches.

The guy I really love on IU's team is Phegley, he's a stud. Hits with power, compact stance, handles the staff real well.

Anyone know if Bashore is going to drafted? He was the ace of the Hoosier staff last year as a sophomore, but wasn't quite as good this year. He started off poorly, but he really picked it up in big ten play.

Bashmore will be gone within the top 10 rounds, probalby somewhere between 3 and 6.

If we take a pitcher, I think Arnett is my guy (unless someone else drops). I also like Bashmore a lot. He's a nice looking lefty and probably a safe selection if he is there in the 3rd to 5th round (might be gone though).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 27, 2009 -> 09:16 PM)
If we take a pitcher, I think Arnett is my guy (unless someone else drops). I also like Bashmore a lot. He's a nice looking lefty and probably a safe selection if he is there in the 3rd to 5th round (might be gone though).

Yeah if Brothers is gone I want Arnett, fastball and slider are both potential plus pitches, curve and change both have solid-average potential. There are some concerns about the workload on his arm but I like him a lot.