5/16 Games

Heads22

Toledo (17-18) vs. Charlotte (13-22)

Scot Drucker (2-2, 5.60) vs. John Van Benschoten (2-4, 4.70)

Gameday | Box | AUDIO

Birmingham (23-9) vs. West Tennessee (13-19)

Lucas Harrell (3-1, 3.38) vs. Steven Hensley (0-1, 5.40)

Gameday | Box | AUDIO

Winston-Salem(17-17) vs. Salem (18-17)

Levi Maxwell (0-5, 6.38) vs. Dave McKae (0-1, 5.19)

Box | AUDIO

Lakewood (19-14) vs. Kannapolis (17-17)

Jesus Sanchez (1-2, 5.48) vs. Dexter Carter (1-1, 3.62)

Box | AUDIO

2nd Inning:

Brandon Allen HR (5th of season). Tie game, 1-1. Announcer just said the Barons lead the Southern League in HR's. No surprise there.

Viciedo ground out

Gartrell walk

Shelby walk

Cruz flies out to deep LF, warning track... Wind blowing in, kept it from going out

Retherford 2-run double to LF (Just continuing to do his thing... 10 game hit streak for CJ)

Danks broken-bat groundout

3-1 Barons

Edited by dasox24

So to continue on the question found through out this board? are both CJ and Stephan legit prospects and if so what would be their prospective floor, median and ceiling?

also my Barons hat just came in the mail today, looks legit.

Viciedo with a clutch 2 out, bases loaded, 2-run single in the 4th to give the Barons a 6-4 lead. Allen tagged out trying to advance to 3rd on the play. Good to see Dayan continue to rack up the RBI's, even if his average isn't spectacular. I wonder what his BA is with RISP...

EDIT: With 2 outs in the 4th, the West Tenn runner tried to steal home, but got tagged out. Good play by Harrell, Flowers.

Edited by dasox24

Im taking a road trip down to Jackson tomorrow, its free to get into pringles park with a church bulletin, should be a good time ill have hd video of whom ever is in the lineup tomorrow.

i like the Tank with another 4 hit game under his belt. Seems like he's getting comfortable. I hope we see him at some point this year at third with the way Josh has been struggling...

Has Flowers Defense behind the plate gotten better? Is his throwing guys out?

QUOTE (beautox @ May 16, 2009 -> 06:24 PM)
So to continue on the question found through out this board? are both CJ and Stephan legit prospects and if so what would be their prospective floor, median and ceiling?

I think that CJ is a definite prospect, he's done nothing but hit the ball well since we signed him progressing through the minors at a steady pace, never had to repeat a level. His floor I think is a AAAA type player. Median would be a solid major league regular, probably at 3B but maybe at 2B or even a corner OF spot. I think a .265-.275 hitter, .330 OBP .750-.850 OPS, maybe 15 HR a year. Ceiling would be a fringe all-star player. He can achieve this only if he #1 finds a defensive position to stick at, #2 his plate discipline improves and he starts walking more often, and #3 the power that he's shown in the minors translates to the pro game.

QUOTE (beautox @ May 16, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)

also my Barons hat just came in the mail today, looks legit.

Where did you order it from?

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 16, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
Viciedo with a clutch 2 out, bases loaded, 2-run single in the 4th to give the Barons a 6-4 lead. Allen tagged out trying to advance to 3rd on the play. Good to see Dayan continue to rack up the RBI's, even if his average isn't spectacular. I wonder what his BA is with RISP...

EDIT: With 2 outs in the 4th, the West Tenn runner tried to steal home, but got tagged out. Good play by Harrell, Flowers.

He is hitting .299 with runners on base, .212 with bases empty

He is hitting .341 with runners on scoring position (15 for 44).

Warning: Small Sample Size.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 16, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
i like the Tank with another 4 hit game under his belt. Seems like he's getting comfortable. I hope we see him at some point this year at third with the way Josh has been struggling...

Has Flowers Defense behind the plate gotten better? Is his throwing guys out?

I'd also be interested to hear how Viciedos D has looked... Has his footwork and mechanics cleaned up?