May 17, 2009 game thread Sox @ Toronto 12:07 first pitch

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this team is just so bad right now. Bad fielding, bad pitching, bad offense and bad decisions.

You have one of the toughest pitchers in baseball shaky at the start so you give him an out by trying to steal with JD? Unreal.

Dye was safe, don't agree at all with sending him in that spot, but he was safe. Still, nice offensive inning. I liked how JD and Dye both went up the middle opposite field and Getz speed looked nice as it turned an ab where he was giving himself up to get Pods over into a basehit and Pods did a nice job turning and driving a pitch. I'll take it.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 17, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
this team is just so bad right now. Bad fielding, bad pitching, bad offense and bad decisions.

You have one of the toughest pitchers in baseball shaky at the start so you give him an out by trying to steal with JD? Unreal.

It might not have cost any runs, but I agree, Jermaine Dye making the first out of an inning trying to steal 3rd is not smart baseball.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 17, 2009 -> 10:25 AM)
The other thing was when it was 3-2 on Thome, Konerko was in motion. If Thome k'd which happens fairly often, 2 White Sox outs would have been Dye and Konerko caught stealings.

Ya, I was stunned Paulie was moving, at the same time, I'm not opposed to forcing the issue. I just didnt like running Dye with Thome on base, but I'm thinking that was on Dye not Ozzie. Dye I believe has a green light to go when he wants to and thought he got a good enough jump to steal 3rd. In fact he did cause he was safe, but ump made the call and it was a close play.

I hope Ozzie didn't call for the steal. I still wish we had even more guys that could run on this team (not just only run, but run and hit for an average).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 17, 2009 -> 12:26 PM)
Ya, I was stunned Paulie was moving, at the same time, I'm not opposed to forcing the issue. I just didnt like running Dye with Thome on base, but I'm thinking that was on Dye not Ozzie. Dye I believe has a green light to go when he wants to and thought he got a good enough jump to steal 3rd. In fact he did cause he was safe, but ump made the call and it was a close play.

I hope Ozzie didn't call for the steal. I still wish we had even more guys that could run on this team (not just only run, but run and hit for an average).

Ozzie isn't there. Joey Cora is in charge. Joey is the biggest reason I don't want Ozzie to quit. He most definitely would be the replacement.

I just can't stop thinking about how this team does so many little things to make it harder to win. We don't hold runners, we don't run the bases well, God forbid we ever throw a pitch out or put on a play to try and get a cheap out. I don't know if it's an Ozzie thing or a personnel thing (likely both), but I can't wait for a better strategical team.