May 17, 2009 game thread Sox @ Toronto 12:07 first pitch

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 17, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)
And there's something about the development time they miss playing football that cannot be made up.

Also, I'm not sure of how big of an issue this is or not, but football workouts and baseball workouts are very different and focus on different aspects of the body. And especially if you're in a D-I program, the workout programs are very detailed and intense.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
Nice job by Gavin pitching over the leadoff single. Can we get another hit off of Halladay today?

If this game follows the season script it will be one of Gavin's best starts, he'll give up an unearned run, leave with a ND and Sox will eventually lose 3-2... and there has to be a borderline call that Hawk blames the entire game on...

Hopefully they can break script

I'm with Fathom on this one, you keep Thornton and trade Jenks. Jenks has much more trade value and will bring in as much or more than anyone else we might trade. Plus, he has potential arm troubles and will see a great increase in salary of the next couple of years.

And, I think a possible trade partner for him might be the team we are facing today. They could use a closer with Ryan's arm being practically dead and Scott Downs, well, I doubt he's their ideal closer.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 17, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
I'm with Fathom on this one, you keep Thornton and trade Jenks. Jenks has much more trade value and will bring in as much or more than anyone else we might trade. Plus, he has potential arm troubles and will see a great increase in salary of the next couple of years.

And, I think a possible trade partner for him might be the team we are facing today. They could use a closer with Ryan's arm being practically dead and Scott Downs, well, I doubt he's their ideal closer.

Angels need to upgrade there pen. Fuentes hasn't been a problem but you get Jenks and that pen gets a lot better real fast. I don't know if they have the prospects the Sox would want though. Thome smokes the s*** out of a double.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ May 17, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
who is the most overrated team thus far? i am going to say definitely the California Angels.

They have a chance to turn it around, like every team, but the Rays have been a little slow in the start

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
It really is time to send down Fields.

unless you think last year's injury set him that far back, no. He's 27, has had a good number of minor ABs. He needs to sink or swim in MLB at some point, and he should be up here working with the major league hitting coach to adjust to MLB pitching