May 17, 2009 game thread Sox @ Toronto 12:07 first pitch

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 17, 2009 -> 12:58 PM)
unless you think last year's injury set him that far back, no. He's 27, has had a good number of minor ABs. He needs to sink or swim in MLB at some point, and he should be up here working with the major league hitting coach to adjust to MLB pitching

He's been sinking for a while now. I think it's time we pull him out of the water before he drowns to death.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 17, 2009 -> 06:00 PM)
He's been sinking for a while now. I think it's time we pull him out of the water before he drowns to death.

Agreed, he needs to get some confidence. Going 0-4 with 2 K's at the MLB level isn't going to help him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
It really is time to send down Fields.

I agree. I'm all for letting young guys develop, but his AB's are brutal and provide no positives. At least with Getz and Ramirez, they put the ball into play and don't strike out a crazy ridiculous amount of times. I'd much rather see some sort of combo of Betemit/Nix/Andy Phillips at 3B.

Plus, maybe Fields could hit AAA pitching and regain even a slight amount of trade value.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 17, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
joe madden messes up his lineup card putting longoria to hit dh and play third. Also, had Ben zorbit playing third. Now Andy sonastine is hitting third today now due mess up/.

Looks like we have an early leader for the Terry Bevington award.