May 17, 2009 game thread Sox @ Toronto 12:07 first pitch

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Enjoy watching this train wreck of a team this year gents. I went and did something I've not done since it ever became available: cancelled MLB.tv subscription. It is that painful to me, watching this team play.

Gavin looks like he pulled the wool over KWs eyes long enough to get paid.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 17, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
Enjoy watching this train wreck of a team this year gents. I went and did something I've not done since it ever became available: cancelled MLB.tv subscription. It is that painful to me, watching this team play.

It sucks that it's been so non-enjoyable this year. Probably have the boringest team of any in baseball this year. At least the Padres get to see Adrian Gonzalez and the Nationals had Zimmerman's hit streak and Dunn's power.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 17, 2009 -> 07:39 PM)
I remember people were calling last year a success (although I wasn't one to think this) because we had found a young core of Quentin, Alexei, Danks, & Floyd. In hindsight, would people say that today?

Yes, last year was a success. We took a team that had no business competing and beat our rivals for the AL Central crown. Last year has nothing to do with this year, which is shaping up to be a disaster in virtually every aspect. Not only are we losing, but our core group of players for the future are struggling to prove they can be counted on.

I'm hoping if the season continues to go down this path, KW will be willing to do a fire sale, which he wasn't willing to do in 07. I figure because of all the young talent we've accumulated already, KW might be much more inclined to than he was in 07 because we'd be putting actual prospects with potential on the field at least. Who's some of the potential trade bait we have?

Right now, we only really have Dye, Jenks, Colon, and Dotel. I don't see us getting rid of either Konerko or Buehrle as right now they are the faces of the franchise (and PK is the captain), and Thome and Linebrink aren't really tradeable with Thome only being able to play DH and Linebrink's contract. No reason to deal Carrasco, but I guess if some team offers a really good package for him. Betemit could be included in a trade as well since he has no spot on this team.

Oh well, at least the draft is close.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ May 17, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
I remember people were calling last year a success (although I wasn't one to think this) because we had found a young core of Quentin, Alexei, Danks, & Floyd. In hindsight, would people say that today?

Quentin and Danks are still going to be a huge part of the White Sox future. They love Ramirez and even if he is what he now is, they only paid him a total of $4 million for 4 years. He's already earned his money last season. Floyd is troublesome, not only for what he's done his last 20 starts which makes it appear getting lit up isn't exactly temporary, but the cash they threw at him. Considering how they will always cry about not having any money, even the $14 million extensions to guys like this, is probably a huge mistake.