White Sox @ Blue Jays--Monday, May 18th

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the white sox wall calendar they mailed out in the winter had last wed. vs. cle as a night game and had today as a night game...good work front office

kinda glad its a day game, so i can be at work and not have to watch our inept offense flail away

Why do we keep batting Dye ahead of Konerko? Right now, Konerko is our best shot at getting runs in. Why not go with Thome in the 3 hole with Konerko cleaning up? Podsednik has been doing a decent job of getting on base, Nix has been giving good AB's, and Thome still gets on base at a great clip. Right now Konerko is hitting and Dye isn't. Shouldn't we try and cash in with runners on base?

Also, what is so wrong with giving Fields 2-3 days off in a row and let Betemit getting some playing time? Is his defense THAT bad?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 10:17 AM)
Thankfully no Lillicurse. Still, someone explain to me why Betemit is even on the roster anymore?

Aside from his usual hit in the 9th inning once the game is over, he really has done nothing this year. I agree he has been waste of a roster spot this year as the only position he isn't making bad plays in is DH.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 08:17 AM)
Thankfully no Lillicurse. Still, someone explain to me why Betemit is even on the roster anymore?

Unless he's going to DH he doesn't have a spot cause he's a complete butcher on the field and I don't know if he's good enough offensively to make up for that woeful defense. Than again our defense sucks anyway.

First of all, right or wrong, Ozzie likes to break up same-sided hitters, so he breaks up two righties with a lefty. Second, usually your best hitter is in the 5 hole and Paulie, right now, is the best hitter.

Let's go boys. How's about salvaging something here.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 18, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
First of all, right or wrong, Ozzie likes to break up same-sided hitters, so he breaks up two righties with a lefty. Second, usually your best hitter is in the 5 hole and Paulie, right now, is the best hitter.

Let's go boys. How's about salvaging something here.

Usually, your best hitter is in the 3 hole.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 18, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
TODAY IS THE DAY THAT THE RALLY POOP SHALL TURN IT AROUND FOR OUR WHITESOX!

Im totally on board for this

I need the dancing poo emoticon