White Sox @ Blue Jays--Monday, May 18th

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
In yesterdays game thread or somewhere within the site Cowley talked about Ramirez shagging fly balls and putting on a show at chasing everything down.

It truely is amazing what can happen when you let a pitcher who is not ready to start get themself in trouble.

Interesting. Glad to see they are least testing him out in CF.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
In yesterdays game thread or somewhere within the site Cowley talked about Ramirez shagging fly balls and putting on a show at chasing everything down.

It truely is amazing what can happen when you let a pitcher who is not ready to start get themself in trouble.

Actually, Hawk mentioned it as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2009 -> 12:35 PM)
Interesting. Glad to see they are least testing him out in CF.

He was the opening day CF last year. Why do they continue to run Lillibridge out there and now put Nix out there and insist on keeping Ramirez at short.

Pods in left

Nix at short

Ramirez in center

makes perfectly good sense to me.

Ah Josh make him work a little bit. This team feels the need to swing at anything close. It is like their hitting appraoch is that of an 0-2 hitter....and not a good 0-2 hitter at that.

Am I only only one that is plesently surprised by Pods? I hated him in left but he seems fine in center. Maybe Stone was right it is easier to play center than the corner spots.

Maybe Nix isn't the answeer either.

No no-no for Cy but the complete game shutout is still in order.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)
Ah Josh make him work a little bit. This team feels the need to swing at anything close. It is like their hitting appraoch is that of an 0-2 hitter....and not a good 0-2 hitter at that.

Am I only only one that is plesently surprised by Pods? I hated him in left but he seems fine in center. Maybe Stone was right it is easier to play center than the corner spots.

If he is healthy, he is what he is. A guy who can get on base regularly and cause some headaches with his speed. When he is hurt, he is worthless. If he pulls something, he needs to be DL'd instantly or sent to AAA, because he becomes a waste of space.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ May 18, 2009 -> 05:43 PM)
Boo Nix.

And there is our problem time afte time. We get a batter in scoring position and here all we needed was contact to allow that runner from 3rd to score and all we get is a K

QUOTE (shipps @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
I was optimistic with pods from the start. Not because of what he did for us in the past, I just felt he had a little somethin left.

Pods has far from been the problem for this team. He's done admirably as well as any team could expect from a 4th option at a position.