White Sox @ Blue Jays--Monday, May 18th

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
So Walker is in charge of sending in PH. Who sends in PR and makes out the line-up card? Its Ozzie's decision not Walker's.

Correct. Its Ozzie's call ultimately, but he relies on his coaches to dictate matchups, etc.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:14 PM)
Someone want to give me the summary of what happened on Rios's triple?

Pods made a valiant effort, dove for the ball, wasn't able to block/trap it and went past him...Nix had to hustle behind him or it would have been an inside-the-park homer.

Pretty sure Anderson would have had it, but who knows.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)

Ball hit shallow into center. Pods came in and dove, but he missed by a few inches. Ball bounced away, Nix retrieved it but Rios was at 3rd.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:12 PM)
dotel and aj are f***ing worthless

AJ's definitely one of the most overrated players in baseball. Pods in CF might have cost us two runs today. This team will never learn, I guess.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2009 -> 12:14 PM)

liner to CF, pods made a great effort to dive and get it, ball rolled to the track. if nix wasn't backing it up it would've been in the park dinger.

I jumped away for a moment and missed all of the fun. Not pinch hitting for Fields is inexcusable.....oh wait he may bat this inning then the right handed hitting Betemit or Lillibridge would have to face Downs.

The personnel moves this team has made are freightening.

I thought Ozzie was gone today as awell?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:14 PM)
Correct. Its Ozzie's call ultimately, but he relies on his coaches to dictate matchups, etc.

So what time does Ozzie get to the park? He doesn't do any instruction, Cora runs spring training. Walker tells him when to pinch hit. Cooper tells him when to change pitchers. Why do the Sox pay Ozzie? I think you're wrong. If Ozzie hasn't looked at the book with all the numbers in it and hasn't read the advanced scouting reports, he's the most ill-informed manager of all time.

And what about his "managing from the gut" lines he always uses? Maybe that was an example.