White Sox @ Blue Jays--Monday, May 18th

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
Time for some changes. Isn't it great that we kept Anderson in the minors for a few pointless games? Were we trying to save money on his flight to Toronto?

Maybe he didn't have his passport handy. Silly they didn't call him up.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
Getz is batting .238 and his K/BB ratio is 2:1. He is young and it is early but I am not seeing the approach tht he was suppossed to have.

This seems to be the course for our minor league system. No one seems to have immediate and sustainable success.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
This seems to be the course for our minor league system. No one seems to have immediate and sustainable success.

I'm not defending the poor minor league development track record of this org the last few years (hopefully that's turning the corner), but Walker doesn't get any blame? Getz was in the major league camp all ST and been with him for about a month and a half.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
Getz is batting .238 and his K/BB ratio is 2:1. He is young and it is early but I am not seeing the approach tht he was suppossed to have.

He satrted out the first few games of the season doing pretty well. Everybody was excited and then he tanks. That is why you don't make rash decisions

Good to see Thome homer off another lefty, and in late innings too. He really took his time getting around the bsaes however. The sox site has a call from the Blue Jays broadcast and hawk is so loud you can hear him in the background.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
The next 12 games will say a lot about this season.

Tommy, I will respectfully disagree with you, sir....THE LAST 12 GAMES TOLD US A LOT ABOUT THIS SEASON ALREADY. :ph34r:

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 18, 2009 -> 11:46 PM)
Tommy, I will respectfully disagree with you, sir....THE LAST 12 GAMES TOLD US A LOT ABOUT THIS SEASON ALREADY. :ph34r:

I'm one of those blind believers that everything starts clicking and this team makes ala Indians 05 run and wins the division.

(I realize in 05 they didn't but how many games behind were they at one point?)

QUOTE (tommy @ May 18, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
I'm one of those blind believers that everything starts clicking and this team makes ala Indians 05 run and wins the division.

(I realize in 05 they didn't but how many games behind were they at one point?)

True that my friend, true that....good times indeed. :headbang

It is that same point of the year isn't it??? We'll see...