White Sox @ Blue Jays--Monday, May 18th

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)
What are the most runs scored in an inning by the White Sox where there has not been a home run hit?

2? Something going unnoticed this year is how down our power numbers are. Maybe that's why you're better off just loading up with a homer hitting team instead of trying to add speed players.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
I could see KW paying to get prospects.

I don't know why anyone would give up decent prospects for half a season of what the White Sox could give them. KW trying to go against the grain, screwed himself this past offseason.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
I don't know why anyone would give up decent prospects for half a season of what the White Sox could give them. KW trying to go against the grain, screwed himself this past offseason.

Dye could get you something (especially if Reds are involved). Jenks is the one he should really look to move.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
Geddy Lee is taking in the game today from behind the plate.

How about if Rush just takes the field and they call the game? It'd be far more entertaining.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
2? Something going unnoticed this year is how down our power numbers are. Maybe that's why you're better off just loading up with a homer hitting team instead of trying to add speed players.

I am not interested in looking but htat sounds about right.

Speed players are fine if they hit over .235

I think the poor farm system is coming home to haunt finally as neither Getz or Fields seem to be capable of handling major league pitching.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
Dye could get you something (especially if Reds are involved). Jenks is the one he should really look to move.

I'd hate to trade Big Bobby, but he has great value and we could get a nice haul for him (at least you'd think).

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:16 PM)
How about if Rush just takes the field and they call the game? It'd be far more entertaining.

I'm all for that. BTW when Josh Fields falls behind 0 and 1 so far this season, he's hitting .109 with a .292 OPS.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:18 PM)
I'd hate to trade Big Bobby, but he has great value and we could get a nice haul for him (at least you'd think).

Why not trade Jenks? He's going to be getting 10 mil plus per year soon, and there's no reason to have a lockdown closer when your team is rebuilding. The biggest thing about rebuilding is you can't be afraid to lose.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
I'm all for that. BTW when Josh Fields falls behind 0 and 1 so far this season, he's hitting .109 with a .292 OPS.

Ugghhh...some pitchers in the NL don't even suck that much.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:16 PM)

The whole pen could get you something.

If you are moving Jenks, move Thorton and Dotel as well. Some team would also over pay for Linebrink (i.e. Yankees, Red Sox , cubs)

It Really is sad that the thing almost every team needs is the thing the Sox are strongest at right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
Why not trade Jenks? He's going to be getting 10 mil plus per year soon, and there's no reason to have a lockdown closer when your team is rebuilding. The biggest thing about rebuilding is you can't be afraid to lose.

I didn't say we shouldnt. I said Id hate to because I like the guy, not because it would 'hurt' the team. The right decision is to move him...for all the reasons you suggest.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:19 PM)

Well, I hope that this season is now seen as a rebuilding season. We can argue that it's early only so long. And with the team we have, I'm not holding out hope for a surge like last year. If we know it's a rebuilding season and we start seeing some of these exciting players from the minors, the season can hold some interest.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
The whole pen could get you something.

If you are moving Jenks, move Thorton and Dotel as well. Some team would also over pay for Linebrink (i.e. Yankees, Red Sox , cubs)

It Really is sad that the thing almost every team needs is the thing the Sox are strongest at right now.

I think you would want to keep Thornton around and probably Linebrink if Jenks is sent packing. Dotel is gone after this season. You can't have a horrible bullpen for the next several years and expect anything but tumbleweeds at USCF.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)
Well, I hope that this season is now seen as a rebuilding season. We can argue that it's early only so long. And with the team we have, I'm not holding out hope for a surge like last year. If we know it's a rebuilding season and we start seeing some of these exciting players from the minors, the season can hold some interest.

We've been one of the worst teams in baseball for 2 of the last 3 years now. It's time to blow the core of the team up, and be grateful for the breaks of 2008.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)

I would agree they aren't going to win with their current roster, but some tweaking could make this a .500 or a little better team which would be good enough to compete for a division and let them print playoff tickets so they can hold the season ticketholders hostage again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
I think you would want to keep Thornton around and probably Linebrink if Jenks is sent packing. Dotel is gone after this season. You can't have a horrible bullpen for the next several years and expect anything but tumbleweeds at USCF.

Yep, you can't trade Thornton. You'd want to give him a shot as closer first.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
You don't think a rebuild would see Link get a shot?

He might, but why have your entire bullpen filled with question marks? Trading a guy like Thornton who doesn't make a ton of money, for prospects unless they are sure fire top of the line guys makes no sense. Financial relief and the ability to redistribute funds with the others make sense, but hoping a prospect or 2 pans out to be just as good as the guy you traded is Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler. It really doesn't make sense.