White Sox @ Blue Jays--Monday, May 18th

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2009 -> 06:29 PM)
He might, but why have your entire bullpen filled with question marks? Trading a guy like Thornton who doesn't make a ton of money, for prospects unless they are sure fire top of the line guys makes no sense. Financial relief and the ability to redistribute funds with the others make sense, but hoping a prospect or 2 pans out to be just as good as the guy you traded is Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler. It really doesn't make sense.

Yep, and if you put him as closer and succeeds, then you either give him an extension or you can get a hell of a lot more value for him if you deal him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
It's sad we think Nix has had good ABs and his batting average is .222.

My excuse for him, I'd like to see him get consistent at-bats at a position he has played before. I'll keep up the excuses. You think the fact he cost his team a run and mostly likely the game is wearing on him now?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
My excuse for him, I'd like to see him get consistent at-bats at a position he has played before. I'll keep up the excuses. You think the fact he cost his team a run and mostly likely the game is wearing on him now?

No, I like Nix. It's just crazy how much better his ABs seem to be than the others, and on almost every other team in baseball, he'd be the weak link.

Here's the biggest issue: there's no f***ing accountability for this. No one loses their job, either players or coaches. If you do bad, you get the ultimate punishment of sitting TWO GAMES. If we lose this game, there better be a huge shake-up with the roster. Send someone down and make them an example, as it's obvious the coaching staff has immunity for life.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
I think the poor farm system is coming home to haunt finally as neither Getz or Fields seem to be capable of handling major league pitching.

It is WAAAAYYY to early to be making that statement about Getz.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:34 PM)
No, I like Nix. It's just crazy how much better his ABs seem to be than the others, and on almost every other team in baseball, he'd be the weak link.

For a rookie (basically) who wasn't expected to do anything, he does in fact look decent at the plate, and on the field. I've liked what I've seen so far.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 18, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
quality pitching is the only way out of this funk

How so? We're getting quality pitching today (and did Saturday), and we still couldn't win (assuming we lose today). It's real simple: this offense is on its way to have an underachieving performance of epic proprotions.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
No, 3 base error on Pods. BUt I didn't see the play, not sure what happened.

Richard: 6 IP, 1 ER. Can't really complain about that.

I was just gonna post that my friend, Richard settled down, and so far not doing bad at all.

We won't win any games if we can't score a run, so please don't put this game on a pitcher.

Paulie with a leadoff single.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
How so? We're getting quality pitching today (and did Saturday), and we still couldn't win (assuming we lose today). It's real simple: this offense is on its way to have an underachieving performance of epic proprotions.

my rationale is that the offense isn't going to "snap" out of it and start averaging six runs per game. it's going to take time. until then, the pitching has to keep it a low scoring game so we can win a few 3-2, 4-3 type games, get the winning vibe going again. If they're buried early by 4 or 5 runs, it's over.