White Sox @ Blue Jays--Monday, May 18th

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
my rationale is that the offense isn't going to "snap" out of it and start averaging six runs per game. it's going to take time. until then, the pitching has to keep it a low scoring game so we can win a few 3-2, 4-3 type games, get the winning vibe going again. If they're buried early by 4 or 5 runs, it's over.

I don't think we have the confidence to win a low scoring game right now. Even Joey Cora and Josh Fields confirmed that on Saturday.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
I don't think we have the confidence to win a low scoring game right now. Even Joey Cora and Josh Fields confirmed that on Saturday.

and that confidence is even lower when faced with overcoming a 3-4 run lead.

Well, Ozzie's officially not trying to win games anymore. There's no excuse in the world to not bring Betemit in to hit for Fields. It's amazing how well he's handled our pitchers this year, and how comically bad he's been with offensive strategy.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
Well, Ozzie's officially not trying to win games anymore. There's no excuse in the world to not bring Betemit in to hit for Fields.

Betemit doesn't have any better chance than Fields.

All right. While I was at the Gym, Richard put together a quality start, and the team got 5 hits, including balls from Getz, Alexei, and Nix. And no strikeouts for Fields, how about that.

Sure, we're getting shut out, but at least we're not getting no-hit and blown out. I'll take it.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 18, 2009 -> 11:50 AM)
I really don't see how this team would be any worse with Viciedo/Beckham playing everyday within the next month or so...

Viciedo and Beckham are simply not ready to come up. They're just not. I don't know how I can make it any simpler than that. You're going to screw them up for years if you do.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
Betemit doesn't have any better chance than Fields.

Couldn't disagree more when facing a RHP. Hell, Betemit's one of our 5 best hitters against RHP, it's just he'll never get a chance. Doubles hitters are bad, I know.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)
Well, Ozzie's officially not trying to win games anymore. There's no excuse in the world to not bring Betemit in to hit for Fields. It's amazing how well he's handled our pitchers this year, and how comically bad he's been with offensive strategy.

He's going with his grumbling gut remember?!

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
Couldn't disagree more when facing a RHP. Hell, Betemit's one of our 5 best hitters against RHP, it's just he'll never get a chance. Doubles hitters are bad, I know.

I will say anyone is better than Fields or Ramirez in the clutch right now

JD just fist bumped the ump when the ump gave the out sign.

Clayton doing his best to keep the team in it, thats the best you can ask from him. 1 run over 7 against Toronto is unreal.

Why is Betemit even on the team? Even a 10 year old xbox player would have pinch hit him for Josh in that inning. Walker is supposed to own the matchups for his hitters for Ozzie, he isnt doing his job.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)
Hell of a start by Clayton. Good job, easily the bright spot of this forgettable series.

Wish we had an offense that might reward a pretty good performance.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)

Walker owns that call.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
JD just fist bumped the ump when the ump gave the out sign.

Clayton doing his best to keep the team in it, thats the best you can ask from him. 1 run over 7 against Toronto is unreal.

Why is Betemit even on the team? Even a 10 year old xbox player would have pinch hit him for Josh in that inning. Walker is supposed to own the matchups for his hitters for Ozzie, he isnt doing his job.

So its Walker's fault Ozzie doesn't pinch hit for Fields? Yet another new low in the Greg Walker bashing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
Walker owns that call.

If that's the case, I can't believe he didn't deliver after that amazing BP session a few days ago. Has BP replaced the Arizona Fall League as the ultimate decision maker for the Sox organization?