White Sox @ Blue Jays--Monday, May 18th

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
Couldn't disagree more when facing a RHP. Hell, Betemit's one of our 5 best hitters against RHP, it's just he'll never get a chance. Doubles hitters are bad, I know.

i think the reason why Wilson isnt starting is due to defense. When you are only scoring 2-3 runs per game, if lucky, you can't afford to give up another 1-2 in the field at the same time.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
So its Walker's fault Ozzie doesn't pinch hit for Fields? Yet another new low in the Greg Walker bashing.

Ozzie relies on his coaches ie: Cooper and Walker to be the first line in those decisions, so yes. Ozzie obviously ultimately can make any call at any time, but he delegates those decisions to his coaches for the most part. Sorry if that looked like "bashing" to you, its just reality.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:57 PM)
i think the reason why Wilson isnt starting is due to defense. When you are only scoring 2-3 runs per game, if lucky, you can't afford to give up another 1-2 in the field at the same time.

Probably, but he's been know as a better LH hitter than right during his career and Ozzie rarely uses him from the left side. When its late and you need runs you need to go with a guy that gives you a chance. Fields hasn't been that guy. If you aren't going to use Betemit there, you might as well just release him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
Viciedo and Beckham are simply not ready to come up. They're just not. I don't know how I can make it any simpler than that. You're going to screw them up for years if you do.

Meh, I don't really believe that. Especially in Beckham's case.

I don't think there is proof either way that they'll be screwed up or succeed. But at this point I'd rather take my chances with younger more athletic guys, than this crop of bulls*** starting every day right now. I can't take much more of this, I really can't...

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)

But in that PH spot, it's the perfect chance to use his bat.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 18, 2009 -> 12:00 PM)
Meh, I don't really believe that. Especially in Beckham's case.

I don't think there is proof either way that they'll be screwed up or succeed. But at this point I'd rather take my chances with younger more athletic guys, than this crop of bulls*** starting every day right now. I can't take much more of this, I really can't...

Viciedo is just starting to get some hits. He's got a nearly 10/1 k/BB ratio, and his average is just starting to go up as he's learning how to use his power more. Beckham's not only been in a slump lately but he's been injured. He's working through his first little skid in the big leagues. Now's not the time to promote them.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
Ozzie relies on his coaches ie: Cooper and Walker to be the first line in those decisions, so yes. Ozzie obviously ultimately can make any call at any time, but he delegates those decisions to his coaches for the most part. Sorry if that looked like "bashing" to you, its just reality.

Just more proof that Walker has done nothing to earn a cent this season.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)

So Walker is in charge of sending in PH. Who sends in PR and makes out the line-up card? Its Ozzie's decision not Walker's.