White Sox @ Blue Jays--Monday, May 18th

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
Interesting stat...coming in to today the Sox had the 4th worst BABIP in baseball. Only teams worse are San Diego, Arizona, and Oakland. Sox are at .284. That says something. I'm not sure what it says yet.

I wish I could say that was bad luck but it seems like the balls put in play are generally pop ups and weak fly outs.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
Interesting stat...coming in to today the Sox had the 4th worst BABIP in baseball. Only teams worse are San Diego, Arizona, and Oakland. Sox are at .284. That says something. I'm not sure what it says yet.

It says that they've been hitting a ton of weak grounders and pop-ups, not that they've been "unlucky"

We have so many guys in our lineup right now that are just not ML players, and if they are they are way below average: Nix, Fields, Ramirez and Pods. The best thing from this game is Clayton looking great against a great hitting team.

One thing is for certain.

They're going to have to assign significant fines to pitchers for letting runners steal bases without even looking at them once.

It just puts too much pressure on the pitchers to make perfect pitches...Dotel lucked out once, but not twice (having Anderson in CF would have made the obvious difference there).