What contenders need relief help ?

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 19, 2009 -> 12:52 PM)
I'll just say that in two of the last three years I've seen a lifeless team. Last year we didn't see that because there were some more vocal guys and those guys were shipped out. .

This is kind of an irrational rant, but I'm in a mood and I won't spare you. There's something to be said about Swisher's attitude and what it brought to this team. Personally, I thing the whole chemistry issue is bulls***, winning brings chemistry. It's just... the clubhouse seems to lack any fundamental sort of enthusiasm for the game. This is only natural, right now, they're losing and they're losing bad, but who doesn't miss the nicknames, the cutouts, ETC? Yes, all that was kind of replaced at the end of the year by the massive slump and the Q is injured malaise, but I remember the first couple months of last year being an absolute blast to watch once things seemed to hit a stride.. We still have attitude: Aj is AJ, BA and Dotel are hilarious, and god knows what happens in the clubhouse, but publically the team's image is less than ideal, they seem dead. Ozzie is depressed, Konerko is mad, everyone else just seems resigned, all I can remember is the days after the Toronto series with Swish looking like a buffoon, saying something to the effect of, "We'll get 'em next time."" on Comcast Sports Live. It was silly, but it worked. Maybe Swish brought something to this team, even if didn't bring great results for the team.

The current Sox all-or-nothing guys and Swisher are all components that wont be major factors to a championship.

PK can stick around as he has the contract as well as apparently some level of rejuvenation.

Swish gets some walks but he was a bad fit here in so many ways. Say we're finally at the level of a championship roster, by then Swisher would have been LF and low in the order. If here at all.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 19, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
Really?

Betemit : Nothing

Nix: Nothing

Getz: Fringe B if we're lucky

Betemit's history is comparable to Weeks before this yr

I guess without saying it I was meaning for a strong team in need of 2b

EDIT: actually no Betemit minus one year has always been totally allergic to walks as opposed to partially allergic.

Edited by Princess Dye

I don't see any team in the Central being so awesome the next few years that the White Sox need to go into full rebuilding. I wouldn't trade guys you wouldn't mind having around in 2010. There's no need to trade Thornton. I would probaby trade Linebrink or Jenks but not both. Dotel should be shopped because he won't be here next year. Konerko is limited because of his contract and his no trade. If you were to deal him, you wouldn't get much back. Same with Thome and Dye. You can't trade AJ until Flowers can show he can catch 130 games defensively and not kill you. Fields will get you nothing. What about trading Ramirez? He's signed cheaply, has shown a big bat in the past and you have Beckham waiting in the wings.

As far as all the guys on the Barons. It would be great if they all panned out, but chances are one or two or maybe 3 actually will. I wouldn't want to base the entire future of the franchise on them just yet.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 19, 2009 -> 10:42 AM)
Betemit's history is comparable to Weeks before this yr

I guess without saying it I was meaning for a strong team in need of 2b

EDIT: actually no Betemit minus one year has always been totally allergic to walks as opposed to partially allergic.

Rickie Weeks was a top draft pick and widely regarded as a top prospect. Betemeit was also widely regarded as a top prospect, however, Weeks still is seen as much more of an everyday player and he finally looked like he was going to play towards his ceiling but than he got hurt. Oh and if the Brewers traded Weeks they would have wanted a lot for him. So no, they don't have the same trade value.

Nix you'll get an A baller or something, Betemeit you might not get anything (he's got a decent size contract), and Getz has some value but he's much more valuable to the Sox.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2009 -> 10:48 AM)
I don't see any team in the Central being so awesome the next few years that the White Sox need to go into full rebuilding. I wouldn't trade guys you wouldn't mind having around in 2010. There's no need to trade Thornton. I would probaby trade Linebrink or Jenks but not both. Dotel should be shopped because he won't be here next year. Konerko is limited because of his contract and his no trade. If you were to deal him, you wouldn't get much back. Same with Thome and Dye. You can't trade AJ until Flowers can show he can catch 130 games defensively and not kill you. Fields will get you nothing. What about trading Ramirez? He's signed cheaply, has shown a big bat in the past and you have Beckham waiting in the wings.

As far as all the guys on the Barons. It would be great if they all panned out, but chances are one or two or maybe 3 actually will. I wouldn't want to base the entire future of the franchise on them just yet.

Awesome post Dick and I completely agree with you that there is no reason you can't trade some vets and still compete next year just because of the state of the AL Central.