Pure Spectulation

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 19, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)
I just heard, I believe it was peter gamons, i was just waking up and didnt have my glasses on but whomever it was said the mets are going to be looking for a first basemen now that delgado is out...what about pk to the mets, start the youth movement and throw branden allen out there?

As much as every Sox fan loves Konerko and appreciates what he has done for the franchise, I think you have to seriously consider trading him to the Mets. This Sox team is going nowhere fast and you have to get what you can for Konerko while he is hitting well.

On Mike and Mike this morning, Jason Stark was talking about the Mets looking at Nick Johnson from Washington. But the Mets don't want to go over the luxury tax before the trade deadline, so they probably will stay put for a while. If we did trade PK, the sox would need to eat much of his salary, which I don't see KW doing that.

Right now in the Sox line up you have one hitter who is playing up to his ability in Konerko and one starting pitcher who is in Buehrle. Kenny is looking at this team and knowing that they have played no where near as good as they are, and that the Central sucks. Giving people a reason to quit going to games because the organization has quit on this team will just mean that we will have a $50 million payroll next year. It just isn't going to happen this early.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
Right now in the Sox line up you have one hitter who is playing up to his ability in Konerko and one starting pitcher who is in Buehrle. Kenny is looking at this team and knowing that they have played no where near as good as they are, and that the Central sucks. Giving people a reason to quit going to games because the organization has quit on this team will just mean that we will have a $50 million payroll next year. It just isn't going to happen this early.

I think this post should be copy and pasted into every "Blow up the Sox" thread that is started.

Thanks ss2k5.

QUOTE (gsoxs1 @ May 19, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
On Mike and Mike this morning, Jason Stark was talking about the Mets looking at Nick Johnson from Washington. But the Mets don't want to go over the luxury tax before the trade deadline, so they probably will stay put for a while. If we did trade PK, the sox would need to eat much of his salary, which I don't see KW doing that.

We could take on Ramon Castro in return which is $2.5M this year, but the Mets don't have any larger bad contracts other than Wagner, Delgado, and Luis Castillo, none of which make sense to take on to save the Mets money. Like you said, I doubt they eat a bunch of salary. Aubrey Huff might make a lot of sense for them though, or maybe Kevin Millar if they just want a veteran.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2009 -> 09:46 AM)
WTF is spectulation?

Its kind of like in Talladega Nights with "With all due respect...."

if you say it is pure spectulation, you can come up with any rumor possible and its ok ;)

Konerko is probably the list guy shipped out and right now I can't imagine they'd deal him unless they got something decent. He's the captain. Than again, you deal him and you send a signal that you are dealing the rest of the vets as well, which I'm not opposed to.

Still its ridiculous to think the Mets are going to make much of an offer for him since they will get Delgado back and than are stuck with two quality players at one spot and neither can play anywhere else on the field.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 19, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)
I just heard, I believe it was peter gamons, i was just waking up and didnt have my glasses on but whomever it was said the mets are going to be looking for a first basemen now that delgado is out...what about pk to the mets, start the youth movement and throw branden allen out there?

I already mentioned this possibility in a previous post. I think the Mets have some minor leagure phenom they are really high on and if Delgado is out they may rush the guy rathe than make a trade, but anything is possible

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 19, 2009 -> 04:49 PM)
I already mentioned this possibility in a previous post. I think the Mets have some minor leagure phenom they are really high on and if Delgado is out they may rush the guy rathe than make a trade, but anything is possible

a phenom for Konerko is not possible, sorry

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
The Mets aren't going to pick up the $20 million or so left on Konerko's contract. If Delgado comes back in a few months they would have no place to put him.

Delgado is also a Free Agent at the end of the year.