Lillibridge sent down

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 19, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
KW being the selfish person he is waited this long to clarify him a bust. A real GM would lick their wounds and move on.

What??? What else was he supposed to do? Lilli was only on the team because we've always had someone hurt all year long...

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)
Braves fans were correct, the kid is garbage.

His swing and approach need to be made over 100% for him to succeed in baseball. Methinks it never happens.

But, hold on a second now. Our GM and manager were gushing about this return we got from the Braves. Flowers was the catcher of the future and they really loved this Lillibridge. Maybe if he concentrates on cutting back his swing and playing to his strength, which would be his speed maybe he will be a good ledoff or #2 hitter someday? I ain't saying-I'm just saying...

I don't know why anyone is happy about this. The best case scenario to me would have been Lilli going to the bench to sit there with Pods getting taken off this team. Lilli is the one guy on this team that Ozzie wouldn't start in CF over Brian. Now we're going to end up with Pods in CF every day, you just watch. We'll be 10 games out and Pods will be in f***ing CF and BA will be riding the bench. Anderson will get marginalized in a platoon role and go hitless in like 3 consecutive but sporadic starts, and then he'll sit there the rest of the year. And don't think that Pods is going to pull his groin again this year; oh no, he only does that when we're counting on him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
How stubborn do you have to be to have people tell you that the only way you're ever going to be a big leaguer long-term and make anything more than a pittance in earnings is to make changes and for you to not do them?

I remember the press conference about the Vazquez trade. KW was talking about how he had been after Lillibridge for a while and when he talked to him he asked him what happened to him in 2008? Lillibridge said he had too big of a swing trying to hit everything 9 miles. He obviously is having a hard time correcting it, if he's trying to correct it. The guy hit .220 in AAA. It should be no surprise he was overmatched in the American League.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 19, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)
I don't know why anyone is happy about this. The best case scenario to me would have been Lilli going to the bench to sit there with Pods getting taken off this team. Lilli is the one guy on this team that Ozzie wouldn't start in CF over Brian. Now we're going to end up with Pods in CF every day, you just watch. We'll be 10 games out and Pods will be in f***ing CF and BA will be riding the bench. Anderson will get marginalized in a platoon role and go hitless in like 3 consecutive but sporadic starts, and then he'll sit there the rest of the year. And don't think that Pods is going to pull his groin again this year; oh no, he only does that when we're counting on him.

With Quentin out, BA would be in LF and Lillibridge in CF tonight if Pods was at home playing Mr. Mom.

This brings a tear to my eye... cheering for "The Kid" and his buck fifty batting average Sunday in Toronto was the funnest part of the game. We'll miss you Brent, hope to see you again someday when you learn how to hit. You got the look, Kid.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 19, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
You really have a man-crush on Kroeger don't you? :lol:

Can't help it.

But even I said "maybe" in there, and for a reason. I'm not deluded enough to think he's a future all star or anything, but I do think he could probably do well if given the chance.

Ozzie on Lillibridge, this is funny:

“He's got to work on a lot of things,” Ozzie said. “If this kid keeps swinging the bat like that, he's going to be in Triple-A for a long time. We need him; we want him. That's the reason we made this trade (with the Braves) _ we liked him for the past two years. But when you continue to try and play a big man's game when you're only 5-11, 120 pounds, that's not a game you should be playing.

“We talked to him clearly three times, the message was there. You've got to use your legs, play baseball, and when you have warning-rack power, you're going to go from the minor leagues to the Mexican League to the Korean League.

“In the big leagues, he's got a tough road to come back here. He's not doing what he's supposed to do. I'm just being honest. He's got the message three times and he's got to change his ballgame.”

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 20, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
Ozzie on Lillibridge, this is funny:

“He's got to work on a lot of things,” Ozzie said. “If this kid keeps swinging the bat like that, he's going to be in Triple-A for a long time. We need him; we want him. That's the reason we made this trade (with the Braves) _ we liked him for the past two years. But when you continue to try and play a big man's game when you're only 5-11, 120 pounds, that's not a game you should be playing.

“We talked to him clearly three times, the message was there. You've got to use your legs, play baseball, and when you have warning-rack power, you're going to go from the minor leagues to the Mexican League to the Korean League.

“In the big leagues, he's got a tough road to come back here. He's not doing what he's supposed to do. I'm just being honest. He's got the message three times and he's got to change his ballgame.”

This is why I love Ozzie.

Its a great message, and 100% true. Too bad we don't have any real leadoff type grinders to introduce Lilli too. I wonder if Lance Johnson needs a job?

Anyway, with Lilli gone, that is one less strawman for Sox fans to blame for things.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
This is why I love Ozzie.

Its a great message, and 100% true. Too bad we don't have any real leadoff type grinders to introduce Lilli too. I wonder if Lance Johnson needs a job?

Anyway, with Lilli gone, that is one less strawman for Sox fans to blame for things.

I can't stand all this Lillibridge bashing. I truly believe he is a fine looking 12 year old and when he grows up maybe he can come back to mlb like in that movie about the kid pitching for the cubs.

QUOTE (forrestg @ May 20, 2009 -> 05:16 PM)
I can't stand all this Lillibridge bashing. I truly believe he is a fine looking 12 year old and when he grows up maybe he can come back to mlb like in that movie about the kid pitching for the cubs.

:lolhitting