AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

Heads22

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fields, welcome to the bench for at least 2-3 games.

You either will see a Nix/Betemit platoon or Nix alone if Ozzie chooses to go for defense first. Betemit does deserve a chance to hit against some RHP this year and show what he can do.

Logically, Nix or Alexei (to see even more fastballs, he can take the ball to RF and bunt as well) should be in the 2 hole.

FINALLY!!!!!

Hopefully we see a lot more of Nix and Betemit in the upcoming weeks. Lets sacrifice some D with Betemit at 3B, and have Nix play 2B. Also, I wouldn't mind putting Dye in the 5 spot. Right now, a lineup of the following gives us the best chance to win, IMO:

1. Podsednik, CF

2. Nix, 2B

3. Thome, DH

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Dye, RF

6. Quentin, LF

7. Betemit, 3B

8. Pierzynski, C

9. Ramirez, SS

None-the-less, it was refreshing to see a win, even if it was just 1 win.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 19, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
FINALLY!!!!!

Hopefully we see a lot more of Nix and Betemit in the upcoming weeks. Lets sacrifice some D with Betemit at 3B, and have Nix play 2B. Also, I wouldn't mind putting Dye in the 5 spot. Right now, a lineup of the following gives us the best chance to win, IMO:

1. Podsednik, CF

2. Nix, 3B

3. Thome, DH

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Dye, RF

6. Quentin, LF

7. Betemit, 3B

8. Pierzynski, C

9. Ramirez, SS

None-the-less, it was refreshing to see a win, even if it was just 1 win.

Ballsy lineup.

I like Getz and Fields, and want them to succeed, but at this point, it's idiotic to trot them out there everyday. It's basically setting them up for failure. I don't know what you can do with Fields if he doesn't show some life within in the next couple of weeks or so, but if Getz continues to struggle, there's a spot for him on Charlotte.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ May 19, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
:cheers

1-0 this season with lillibridge not on the team

mark continues to be awesome

I like to think of it as 1-0 in Lillibridge Tribute Tour 09' Games, but that's just me B)

Good to see a win again. We gotta get the kinda streaky we were last year where we had W streaks to go along with the L streaks instead of L streaks broken up by single W's.

I think Getz has a better chance at staying up. He's got a better approach than Josh at the plate, not to mention he's a lefty, which the Sox line-up doesnt have many of.

Plus he's been stellar at second, which you can in no way say the same about Josh. I don't give Fields all that much more time to prove he's worthy before someone else takes that spot (coughDayancough)

QUOTE (Cali @ May 19, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
I think Getz has a better chance at staying up. He's got a better approach than Josh at the plate, not to mention he's a lefty, which the Sox line-up doesnt have many of.

Plus he's been stellar at second, which you can in no way say the same about Josh. I don't give Fields all that much more time to prove he's worthy before someone else takes that spot (coughDayancough)

Viciedo will stay in Birmingham through the ASB, at least.

He's finally made it up at .265 after a 2 for 3 night (in a surprising second loss in a row for the Barons tonight), but his OPS is in the low 600's and he needs to keep improving on his defense. He's really turned the corner, that's for sure. Three weeks ago, it looked like there was a small chance they might end up sending him down to Winston-Salem he was struggling so badly for about two weeks.

The first move is to try Nix at third or a Nix/Betemit platoon or Betemit at 3B with a Nix/Getz platoon at 2B or just Nix at 2B and Betemit at 3B.

Getz might need to sit out a game or two here as well, at least tomorrow against Santana, so you'll see Betemit and Nix in the line-up, as someone projected in this post-game thread.

If the Sox continue to struggle and fall out of the race in July or August, then you can bring Viciedo up and see how he does. If he acts like he belongs, keep him up (playing everyday), if not send him to Charlotte for the remainder of the season...then bring him back up again in September if he holds his own for the Knights.

Edited by caulfield12

Thing thing about Viciedo, which I keep forgetting, is that the Sox didn't draft him, He's only under their control for 4 years, you damn well better believe with Kenny's ego he's gonna want to get the majority of those 4 years in Chicago if at all possible....

He wants a return on his investment...

Gonzalez is speculating that Contreras could eventually take Floyd's place in the rotation. According to BA he was throwing first pitch forkballs for strikes last night. Floyd is out of options so I presume he would move to the bullpen if this longshot (IMO) comes true. Here's the question. If Floyd has another 3 or 4 starts like his last 3 or 4 do you risk losing him and his new contract by exposing him to waivers? Considering in his last 21 starts his ERA is about 6.00 it would have to be a consideration.