AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

Heads22

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 20, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)
I don't focus on the money, only the long term benefit for the team. This really is Floyd's second year of full time starting so I think they will give him more time. If it lasts 1/2 a seaon, like with Contreras, then they may move him. But not until near the AS break.

If we want to trade one enigma for another, we should see if the Twins would take Floyd for Baker...both have similar contracts.

Baker was the much better pitcher last season, but he looks injured or not right mechanically (standing too straight up, like Gavin does at times)...and Rick Anderson completely reamed him in front of the entire team in the dugout last night for 2-3 minutes after his 44 pitch second inning. Seems like the Twins are really running out of ideas for getting him turned around. Not to mention that Perkins is now out for 1 and possibly 2 starts, and he has been their best pitcher for most of the early season.

Baker used to throw about 93-96 consistently when he came up, but he didn't look anything like the pitcher he's been in the past last night.

Maybe trading them Floyd and Shelby for Baker would be worth it.

One also wonders if both have been affected (or become complacent) because of those guaranteed years that are now locked in for $15 million?

Reading comments from both Gavin and Baker, they seem pretty nonchalant about their struggles so far this season...kind of same attitude that Garland and Vazquez got ripped for around here.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this thread has become "Floyd-talk," I'll put this here. While talking about Peavy-to-the-Sox on ESPN this morning, Gammons said the Sox believe Gavin is tipping his pitches and should be able to fix it before his next start. I've been at a conference all week, but I hadn't heard or read that before.