Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
I hope this is true... but even more, I hope the other two players aren't Carter or Hudson.

I am okay with giving up Poreda and Richard... but not the other two.

I would do that in a heartbeat. Those guys are so far away that I can live giving them up. As good as both could be, they both had real rough times at Old Dominion, so regression is real possible, too.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:53 AM)
I would do that in a heartbeat. Those guys are so far away that I can live giving them up. As good as both could be, they both had real rough times at Old Dominion, so regression is real possible, too.

Hudson is so good though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 20, 2009 -> 11:47 PM)
Can somebody explain to me the love affair with Jordan Danks? I'm not trying to be a smartass here. His college stats certainly weren't mind-blowing. And haven't we learned with guys like Chris Young and Josh Fields that guys who K that much at the minor level are destined to suck at the ML level (and I'm officially off the Chris Young bandwagon. He f***in' blows).

Because we want to keep the Danks family happy. We want John here a long time, and we don't want to piss them off. Why do you think Jordan signed with us in the first place?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:54 AM)
Hudson is so good though.

He is, but we also have four picks in the top 70 or so in the draft. So we can trade some pitching and draft it right back next month. Remember how good we all thought B-Mac would be when he had his huge, incredible-peripheral year. He has been a solid MLer, but not amazing like we thought. But in that deal, you keep all the stud hitters in AA.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:55 AM)
Wait, a deal has already been decided on? We're just waiting for Peavy to accept or decline?

Kalapse was on to this immediately, he gets the credit here(besides KONA).

He completely doubted the validity of it as soon as he saw it, but he had the link up to us in chat when the MLB.com rumor was a page and a half

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
I just really want to see who the PTBL are. Please tell me Gordon is not one of them, that would just suck.

Yep, the whole PTBNL scares me. If you think about it, the Padres desperately need a middle infielder. I wouldn't lose a second of sleep if it's JorDanks in the trade, and really wouldn't mind selling high on Flowers.