Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
At the end of this thread, Jake Peavy is either going to be the greatest pitcher who ever lived or the biggest tool.

If he doesn't waive his NTC, does this do anything to his reputation? Does he look like a selfish jackass?

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
Does anyone know any big names who exercised their no trade clause in the past? I am preparing for a major heart break and don't want to feel alone.

I think Phil Nevin did it a couple years ago. However, I'd hardly consider him a big name. However, oddly enough, he was with the Padres when he declined a trade.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
Does anyone know any big names who exercised their no trade clause in the past? I am preparing for a major heart break and don't want to feel alone.

Recently with the White Sox, Jim Edmonds and Carlos Delgado. I know Rafael Palmiero rejected a trade to the Cubs a year or so before he was busted. It happens a lot but is not publicized.

At the end of this thread, Jake Peavy is either going to be the greatest pitcher who ever lived or the biggest tool.

Yeah, if this doesn't go down, they're gonna have to hire a security detail for him whenever the Padres are in town.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
If he doesn't waive his NTC, does this do anything to his reputation? Does he look like a selfish jackass?

I'm sure the Padres can't be to happy with him. If he rejects, it will be the third time I think.

At the end of this thread, Jake Peavy is either going to be the greatest pitcher who ever lived or the biggest pussy.

Fixed.

(Just what everybody will be saying)

LOL. Very good DA. And so true.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
I think Phil Nevin did it a couple years ago. However, I'd hardly consider him a big name. However, oddly enough, he was with the Padres when he declined a trade.
I wonder if the fact that this deal is publicized has to do with the chances of Peavy accepting, or just the big name attached to the deal. I also wonder if Peavy is more likely to accept knowing that the whole world knows about the trade now.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:02 PM)
Quick....someone get him an Italian Beef sandwich and a deep dish pizza to enjoy while he contemplates his decision

Who wouldn't move across the country for Portillos and Lou Malnatti's?

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:02 AM)
On the contrary, what would it do to our reputation? :(

Maddux and Griffey both rejected trades to the Yankees. And that didn't exactly turn the Yankees into a second-tier organization.