Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
Forgive me if this has been mentioned (like I said, I'm not going through 35+ pages), but that guy who first broke this on the MLB boards deserves a TON of credit.

We should sign him to a long term contract to be our rumor guy.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
If he rejects this trade as well, he must REALLY love it in San Diego.

The only thing bad about Chicago is the winter. If he was willing to play for the Cubs, he should enjoy the White Sox. If he's afraid of the AL, the $56 million or whatever is owed to him can be better spent. If he agrees to come here, the White Sox have officially stopped f***ing around.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
On the contrary, what would it do to our reputation? :(

I don't think anything. I think most baseball people will look at Peavy thinking he's a selfish jerk who has a thin skin. He claims he wants to do what's best for the Padres, yet, he would be willing to turn down a trade. Well Jake, if that's the case, accept and move on.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
The only thing bad about Chicago is the winter.

Well, that and the traffic, general congestion, lack of natural beauty, lack of good hiking and skiing, etc.

If he was willing to play for the Cubs, he should enjoy the White Sox. If he's afraid of the AL, the $56 million or whatever is owed to him can be better spent. If he agrees to come here, the White Sox have officially stopped f***ing around.

Agreed. Peavy to the Sox would be a game-changer on many levels.

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
If you're wealthy, San Diego is arguably the nicest place in the country to live.

I'm not sure on his relationship status or his morals, but I've been all around this country, and to me, San Diego has the most attrative women

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
BTW, how is it I've scrolled through this thread and not yet seen any photos of Jake Peavy photoshopped into a Sox uniform?

Well, people were too busy creaming themselves to make a picture. It would be sexier than wite's Bonds in the White Sox jersey pic.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:08 AM)
I'm not sure on his relationship status or his morals, but I've been all around this country, and to me, San Diego has the most attrative women

Yeah, So Cal women are top-tier. Along with Texas and Georgia.