Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
Waiting on Peavy...

Do we know anything more about the package or is still Poreda and Richard + 2 PTBNL?

I'm stuck here at work missing all the fun, it's driving me insane.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
Well, that and the traffic, general congestion, lack of natural beauty, lack of good hiking and skiing, etc.

Well then...stay in Oregon, ya birkenstock-wearin', pot-smokin', liberal-bein', hippy!

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
Do we know anything more about the package or is still Poreda and Richard + 2 PTBNL?

Dunno, but I'm shocked that Kenny could reportedly get them to agree to terms and still hold onto Beckham.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)

Nope, that's what been reported, is probably true. They've said that the 2 PTBNL are probably pitchers, and they're not named Gordon Beckham.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
Linebrink on the Score right now... says he couldn't get a read on which way he's leaning yesterday and asked basic questions FAs ask when picking teams

Also said Peavy has no fear of pitching in the American League. Scott sounded like he thinks Peavy is coming IMO.

I want this done now....but I understand how he's taking some time to think about it. He's considering where he's going to live (and work) for the next several years. I just relocated at the beginning of the year and it took me nearly two weeks to make the decision and accept the offer. Lets hope it doesn't take that long....but if he really looks at all the good benefits of being a White Sox, I think he'll make the right decision in a day or two.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:10 AM)

That's what's being reported pretty much everywhere, haven't heard one guess at either of the PTBNL.

OK, to sum up Linebrink on ESPN 1000... nothing much new... basically said Peavy told him he isn't afraid to pitch in the NL, from their conversation he doesn't think Ozzie is any issue at all, basically asked the type of questions a FA asks when shopping a team, and Peavy is a hunter who would fit in very well in the clubhouse. Said the 50/50 comment was based on not being able to get a read on him, not any reservations he got

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
Nope, that's what been reported, is probably true. They've said that the 2 PTBNL are probably pitchers, and they're not named Gordon Beckham.

4 pitchers? That's madness, it'd wipe out our supply of pitching spects in one fell swoop. As long as Beckham and Flowers aren't involved (they wouldn't want Allen anyway) I'm good with this.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)
I want this done now....but I understand how he's taking some time to think about it. He's considering where he's going to live (and work) for the next several years. I just relocated at the beginning of the year and it took me nearly two weeks to make the decision and accept the offer. Lets hope it doesn't take that long....but if he really looks at all the good benefits of being a White Sox, I think he'll make the right decision in a day or two.

also, it's only 9:30 on the WC, so if it was agreed to late last night and Peavy wants to check with a few people, it's not quite as late in the day

QUOTE (WCSox @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)
Dunno, but I'm shocked that Kenny could reportedly get them to agree to terms and still hold onto Beckham.

The Padres really like Rule 5 pick Everth Cabrera, but yeah, it is weird how quickly Beckham was removed from the talks.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:11 AM)
Also said Peavy has no fear of pitching in the American League. Scott sounded like he thinks Peavy is coming IMO.

The ESPN article from this morning had Linebrink putting Peavy at 50/50. So either Peavy is (apparently) warming up to the deal or Scott is telling the hometown radio network what it wants to hear.

Kalapse here's the update:

Peavy to the Sox for Richards, Poreda and one to two PTBNL depending on the source. Gammons indicated that Beckham is not part of the deal and CBS writer indicated that the PTBNL would be pitcher(s). Some other names that were mentioned at one time or another as being part of the deal are Jermaine Dye, Brian Giles, and David Eckstein, but it sounds like those three names were very early speculation.

Linebrink talked to Peavy yesterday and his general feeling is that it is 50/50. Other sources indicate that Peavy's hold-up is not pitching in the AL where he doesn't have concerns but with playing for Ozzie. His agent also indicated that he wants to play in the midwest so thats a fit.

Bottom line, it sounds like the Sox want a decision by today so we should know within a few hours.