Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
I wish we could get the crowd at the Cell today to start chanting PEEEEAAAAA--VEEEEEE PEEEEEAAAAA-VEEEEEE

Let him know how much of a god he'd be wearing the black and white.

That s*** got us to re-sign Buehrle!

Oh and one random tidbit, this isn't the first time the Sox tried to get Peavy (I've always heard he might have been one of the guys rumored to be part of the "knock your sock off trade of a couple years back". There are a few other names that were thrown around as possibly being part of that deal as well.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:48 AM)
Hawk and Stoney both don't think it gets done.

Were they just on? What did they say? Oops, I guess we do have a game to play. f***, would he be set to potentially start one of the games in Anaheim. I might have to get off my ass and make sure I go to that game. I'm currently slated to go at least on Monday.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 21, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
The way we usually do things, wouldn't be surprised if it is announced at the game during the 7th inning stretch or even post game that he accepted the deal.

Who knows.

Nope. There might be guys on that bench getting traded. That would suck.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
I bet Hawk and Steve are under direct orders to talk up how good the White Sox are and how winnable this division is today in hopes Peavy is watching.

They need to talk up the city more than anything.....how good the restaurants are, how nice the weather is, the quality of skools, the hotness of the pusssy, etc.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
Were they just on? What did they say? Oops, I guess we do have a game to play. f***, would he be set to potentially start one of the games in Anaheim. I might have to get off my ass and make sure I go to that game. I'm currently slated to go at least on Monday.

Stone ranted about the Cubs for about 5 minutes, then Hawk said something along the lines of "shheeearrgg abbaagabba dad gummit!"

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
Wasn't that Paulie at the WS rally

No, we were about to trade Buehrle to the Red Sox, and at that home game that night the whole f***ing crowd chanted "RE-SIGN BUEHRLE" and sure enough, trade died, Buehrle got re-signed.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
Hawk and Stoney both don't think it gets done.

What idiots. They should talk about how much better Peavy would make the team and how the fans would embrace him, etc. All the good stuff.

Guess what, he might be watching!

QUOTE (GREEDY @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:52 PM)
I read Peavy has two small dogs and is slightly concerned that Bartolo might eat them... understandable.

Just got some time to chime in about this now. Needless to say I was surprised and optomistic about this earlier today but have come back down to earth after reading that Peavy will most likely veto the trade. I would've loved to see him in a Sox jersey but I'm also a baseball realist and if you read between the lines I think he will be with either the Cubs or Brewers come August 1st. He seems to be comfortable in the NL so be it. Also this is why you DON'T give a NTC to a player....EVER. On a side note, I like Richard and would like to see what Poreda can do in the big leagues to maybe not all is lost.