Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)
My only hope for this to work, is that Jake just woke up to a call from someone repping the sox, and he was still under that morning cloud and he just gives up and says ok thats cool.

I actually had that same exact thought go through my head at one point. Wakes up to a phone call after a heavy night of drinking, hears them ask if he wants to get traded to Chicago, and he just says "sure" and passes out again.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:21 AM)
If Peavy loves hunting so much, he and Mark can become new besties. I am surprised that they don't know each other really as both seem like the same type of person.

Thome and Dye as well. Thome has his own hunting range, and they all get together in the offseason and hunt.

I know it's MLBTR but:

10:11am: ESPN's Peter Gammons says Beckham is not part of the deal. CBS' Danny Knobler says it would be Poreda, Richard, and one or two others. The others would also be pitchers, says Knobler.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:25 AM)
I know it's MLBTR but:

10:11am: ESPN's Peter Gammons says Beckham is not part of the deal. CBS' Danny Knobler says it would be Poreda, Richard, and one or two others. The others would also be pitchers, says Knobler.

Oh ok, in that case, probably Hudson and someone else. Still would be in favor of it.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:25 AM)
I know it's MLBTR but:

How awesome would it be if it was Broadway and Mcculloch?

Okay, I go to sleep last night and its page 3 or 4...get to work and its page 34 and had like 7 texts that came through at some point in the night. Can someone please get me up to speed. Much appreciated (I will slowly be reading through the thread though).

Someone is smokin some good stuff over on that Padres board lol

Originally Posted by PadreFanForever

I'm hearing it could be Peavy for Aaron Poreda, Alexi Rameriz, Clayton Richard, and someone like Jermaine Dye ( god I hope not ), John Danks or Tyler Flowers ( yes please )

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:29 AM)
I disagree...but I already posted about that, so I won't rehash.

You can't "disagree". If Peavy rejects the trade -- nobody goes anywhere...so what exactly could you possible disagree with?

Heh.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
Okay, I go to sleep last night and its page 3 or 4...get to work and its page 34 and had like 7 texts that came through at some point in the night. Can someone please get me up to speed. Much appreciated (I will slowly be reading through the thread though).

The deal is in place for Poreda, Richard and two prospects. Brinkey has sent in the good word to try to sway Peavy to waive his NTC.